The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country in Denton and surrounding counties, Texas. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
• Date: Saturday, August 24, 2013. Start HQ: Eagles Canyon Raceway on FM 51 near Decatur.
• Starting Place: US380 at I-35 in Denton, westbound. Pass the Shell station on the corner, and turn into the next service station just to the west, which seems to have no name. This is the official start of the rally. An official will be there to give you the waiver to sign, and to give you instructions to run the odo check. Another official will record your odometer readings, and send you on your way. You must complete this to compete.
• Eagles Canyon Raceway (ECR) on FM 51 northeast of Decatur is where you will complete registration, receive your maps and rally instructions, and use table space to work on your route.
• The odo check start opens at 9:00am on Rally Day (time may be adjusted), and will close at 10:00am or 10 minutes after the last preregistered car has been sent out on the odo check.
• After registration, you will receive your maps and your instructions for finding the twelve locations in Denton and surrounding counties that you have to locate, and then visit.
• Take one hour to determine your route from maps provided. No electronic aids or extra maps permitted here.
• Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1 minute intervals). First car out could be as early as 10:30.
• Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 3 hours in time.
• Finish: Clark's Outpost Barbeque, that famous old spot in Tioga, Texas.
• Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road, though we think that the shortest-distance route will be all paved.
• Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class.
• Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally.
• Rally Fee: $25.00 SCCA Members: $5.00 discount. You must pay with preregistration at MotorsportReg.com (go to msreg.us/DMR13msr ). A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
• Team competition: as usual.
• Rally Master: John Poulos.
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.