Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How do I turn on competition mode?

12K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
I tired turning off traction control and then hit the button again within 5 sec. and nothing? Shouldn't it display something on the radio? Also what does this do when I turn on competition mode? I know it turns off traction control but does it do anything else?

#2 ·
yep gotta hit that shit twice within 5 seconds. Competition mode limits the stability control to let you get her a little sideways and have some fun but it will still kick in at a certain limit.

My guess is you have a TPMS that is out. You cant enter Comp Mode or shut off SC if they aren't all sensing a good signal.

#6 ·
you mentioned you "tried turning TC off and then entering comp mode."

you don't turn it off, just turn on TC by hitting the button once, then hit it again within a few seconds, and the TC light will stay on and you will enter Comp Driving Mode. A display message appears on the DIC.

#8 ·
So what your saying is, when I first get in the car and start it there is no light on for TC. You hit the button once and the TC light will come on meaning the TC is turned off. Then you hit the button once turning on TC (light out) and within 5 sec. you hit the button again and it should enter Comp Driving mode and display on the DIC? Sorry if I’m over thinking this!

#7 ·
I have the same problem. I can turn TC off (light turns on in the cluster) and I can hold the button it and turns SC off (message on nav screen). But if I hit the button twice I get no Comp mode message on the screen. I've heard it's possible my nav screen was swapped out and not properly programmed with the VIN but I've never had a chance to take it in and get checked.

#9 ·
Push once = Traction control off.
Push twice = Competition mode (Traction controll off, and raises limits on stability control)
Hold = Stability control off.

The only note is that it can be a bit picky trying to get into Comp mode. You can be too fast or too slow, you just need to play around with it. Double tapping it like a computer mouse usually doesn't work for me, it needs a bit of delay.

#12 ·
Which is a marvelous piece of technology on a V1 with a manual transmission

Reactions: Faber
#27 ·
So, does anybody know if there is a hard reset for the nav or anything like that so that I can get the screen to display CDM?

Also, when I feel like entering CDM I push the TC button twice and the light stays on. I sure feel like its in CDM but I guess it could just be in TC off mode. Any opinions on this; if it wasn't going into CDM on the second push of the button, wouldn't the TC light actually turn off rather than staying on?

Confusing last paragraph I know but hoping someone can decipher this.

Thanks

#29 ·
SevillianSTS said:
There is no difference in driving when in Comp Mode. It just allows you to get a little sideways without the stability control kicking in. Have you tried holding the button in for 10-15 seconds to see if it will show Stability System OFF.
Yes I have and it does turn the stability system off. But it still doesn't display Competitive Driving Mode. I'm stumped.

#35 ·
So...am I the only one thinking here that competitive driving mode is worthless? If you track your car (and are any good at driving) you will quickly learn that the stability control is holding you back. So just hold it down until it says stability off and go play. You will never truly know the limits to the car with it on. Spin or win!

Also, someone said in the second post that if your TPMS sensors are out that you cannot turn off stability control? That is a load of crap. My track wheels and tires have no TPMS in them and stability is never on when at the track, and it never kicks on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.