How do I turn on competition mode? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How do I turn on competition mode? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by 69stangscj It's confirmed, my NAV was programed for a CTS and not a CTS-V. It's no problem ...
    joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by 69stangscj
    It's confirmed, my NAV was programed for a CTS and not a CTS-V. It's no problem to turn on the comp mode now.
    How was this confirmed and what did you do to fix it?

69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan, 69 Mustang Mach I

Re: How do I turn on competition mode?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981 View Post
    How was this confirmed and what did you do to fix it?
    Took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed it for a cts-v, not a cts.

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by 69stangscj
    Took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed it for a cts-v, not a cts.
    Nice! Did they charge you for it?

$120, but I guess for just not that. I had a service vehicle come on, on the NAV and they had to reprogram it for that also. They said it was programed wrong and for a CTS also.

nikdsctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

So...am I the only one thinking here that competitive driving mode is worthless? If you track your car (and are any good at driving) you will quickly learn that the stability control is holding you back. So just hold it down until it says stability off and go play. You will never truly know the limits to the car with it on. Spin or win!

Also, someone said in the second post that if your TPMS sensors are out that you cannot turn off stability control? That is a load of crap. My track wheels and tires have no TPMS in them and stability is never on when at the track, and it never kicks on.

Quote Originally Posted by nikdsctsv View Post
    So...am I the only one thinking here that competitive driving mode is worthless? If you track your car (and are any good at driving) you will quickly learn that the stability control is holding you back. So just hold it down until it says stability off and go play. You will never truly know the limits to the car with it on. Spin or win!

Also, someone said in the second post that if your TPMS sensors are out that you cannot turn off stability control? That is a load of crap. My track wheels and tires have no TPMS in them and stability is never on when at the track, and it never kicks on.
    I'm sure it is worthless, but I had other stuff going on too.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Do you think it is interfering with out displaying anything on the dash? In my limited experience running in Comp mode at the road course I'm not sure I remember it coming on at all.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Some of us don't mind losing if it means driving home.

As for not turning off stabilitrak, its absolutely true. But after driving with no sensors for about 30-40 miles, it allows all off. I used to drive to autocrosses on my slicks to heat them up and get stabilitrak full off...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.