New to the LS community!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New to the LS community! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey fella's, just wanted to hop on here and see how much i can learn about my new car. I ...
    Camdcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

New to the LS community!

Hey fella's, just wanted to hop on here and see how much i can learn about my new car. I just bought a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, silver with the black leather/suede interior.

I've owned mustangs since i was 16, but with my third kiddo on the way i decided it was time to get a sporty car with a full back seat. Hopefully i can fit 3 little ones in the back seat. (not all the time, i've also got a lifted 01 explorer sport trac that is my DD).

On to the car, its got Long tube headers, high flow cats, and corsa exhaust. its got a Hochkis rear sway bar, as well as rear bushings i guess. Car has 67,000 miles on it, and i paid 18,500 for it. Oh, and its got the red corvette FRC's on it.

Its got some little black box in the front lower grill that i cant figure out. It almost looks like a radar detector maybe. Will explorer it some more in the day light.

Current plans are to black out the grills, consider blacking out the rims. I want to cam it rather soon, (hence the name). It looks to me as though the headlights are aftermarket. Crappy thing is, the passenger headlight is cracked. But the dealership told me they are going to replace it free of charge.

Enough with the chitter chatter, here are some pictures of the car.

I'll break out the T2I this weekend and get some good HD pics of her.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

StretchASU is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: New to the LS community!

Congrats...Just got my silver 05 as well. More stock setup than yours but man I would love to have some of the parts off yours haha.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Welcome, car looks nice! From the pics it looks like you have a CTS arm rest? Looks a little thick.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Nice looking car. I personally wouldn't black out the factory grills as they are very expensive. If you want the blacked out look you can by aftermarket (black grills) on eBay for a 1/4 of the price.

Plus at my local car meets there's another V1 that's completely blacked out and lowered and my stock looking car still gets more attention.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Congrats!

Looks like you've got aluminum pedals, too. Nice car!

Take good care of those little ones.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by philistine
    Welcome, car looks nice! From the pics it looks like you have a CTS arm rest? Looks a little thick.
    Hmm... that deff is a base cts armrest. I wonder if this is a very early production care.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    If you wanna black out the grille... Plasti dip it. If you want it glossy instead they have a glossifier as well. Its easy to take off and most importantly... CHEAP lol. I have done a few sets of wheels with it and it is easy. I'm going to do my grilles next with it, its just hard to find at the local hardware store sometimes.

Just got in from a fun little cruise. Put ~100 miles on the car, and only got pulled over once. Apparently my passenger headlight isnt just condensating on the inside, its also not working at all on low beams. So i got a warning to fix that. Other then that, this car feels absolutely amazing!!

Car def. does have an arm rest, front and rear? Is this not normal for the V? anyone have pics of their cars center console?

I've started looking at blacked out grills, not real sure if i'll go that route or not.

One thing i learned tonight, the car was at one point supercharged. and i found the old boost gauge location. it was in the little flip open deal under the hvac controls. I also found a disk in the glove compartment that had something about tuning wrote on the disk. Found paper work from the previous owner, all kinds of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Camdcad View Post
    Car def. does have an arm rest, front and rear? Is this not normal for the V? anyone have pics of their cars center console?
    Here's what the stock arm rest looks like:

eagle-co94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V, '81 DMC-12, '85 Mini, '96 Impala SS, '07 MSRT8...

My guess is that little black box on the grille is a toll transponder. Is that plate on your shifter bezel engraved with something? Where are you located? I'm also new to the LS community and picked up my '05 CTS-V a few weeks ago.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in my spare passenger headlight.

Im from hillsboro Kansas. The little bezel by my shifter says GM performance department.

Today my car started throwing codes on the CEL

I've put 100-150 miles on the car, and if im not mistaken, by unhooking the battery it will shut the CEL off for about that distance??

I know the car was at one point magna charged, and then had a replacement motor installed. at which point they didnt put the supercharger back on. I've only had the damn car for 2 days and its already throwing codes... idk what to do, im tempted to take the car back and find another one... but idk :S

eagle-co94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V, '81 DMC-12, '85 Mini, '96 Impala SS, '07 MSRT8...

If you bought it from a dealer I'd drive it straight back there and demand they find out what the codes are and fix them. If they even mention out of pocket costs tell them to just take the car back. I believe you have 72hrs in FL to take a car back, but that could be old/wrong info. I'd do something first thing in the morning before it's too late. Swing by your local auto parts store first and have them tell you what the codes are first. They have no reason to lie to you and it's nice to have that info before you walk into the dealer.

If it was SC previously then I suspect the dealership flashed the ECU to the stock program. You have an aftermarket exhaust so you MIGHT be throwing codes related to that. Depending on the codes, a tuner can remove those codes on a chassis dyno and smooth out the rest for your aftermarket exhaust.

From my experience a dealership strips most aftermarket parts back to OEM to avoid these kind of things. Just a FYI, I drove my car with the CEL for a couple months before taking it to a chassis dyno after installing a header back exhaust.

Yeah, that was my plan, go have the parts store pull the codes. Then take those codes to the dealership and tell them to fix it.

When i bought the car i specifically asked what happens if something goes wrong with the car this weekend. and he told me we will tear up the contract and he'll refund my money. so it looks like i'll be calling my sales rep in the morning!

Well, got bored so I ran to the autozone 30 miles down the road... Just popped up with the cats... No biggy I guess. I just need to get a cai then tune it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.