Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The recycle guy likes my car.

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  H-town_V 
#1 ·
Every month I take my empties to the recycle center down the street.

Today, the guy tells me his partner told him he saw me doing some "spirited" driving coming out of the Taco Bell.

A little lead footed, but no burn out (that I remember).

He even came out of the facility to take some pics of the motor.

I revved it real good as I left.

Good for the ego.

#2 ·
That's what I like about this car. It's still a head turner. Not just another Vette, or Camaro, or Mustang. I got comments from the guys that recently did my state inspection. Then on another occasion I had lost my way and was making a U-turn in a business park and a guy gave me a rotating arm motion, signalling he wanted to see me get on it. I was happy to oblige him.

#3 ·
The other day I walked by my mailman on the way to the V, I said hi and kept walking. When I started it up (with open cutouts) I saw him jump a lil bit then turn and check out the V. I always let my cars warm up for a min so he came over and asked about it. He was shocked to see a 6speed in a caddy then lost it when I popped the hood. He also thought it was a almost brand new car. It made my day:)

#7 ·
At a stoplight yesterday the guy in the old van next to me was trying to talk to me through my closed passenger window. As the light was turning green, I put the window down and caught the end of his comment, something along the lines of, "That's some nice noise you're making over there." I laughed, and then goosed it across the intersection to let him really hear it. :p

#14 ·
eagle-co94 said:
Did you order the pipes that your cutouts are mounted to or did you have an exhaust shop install them? I've currently got DMH's on my '96 SS but since that cars not on the road at the moment I'm thinking of moving them over to the V if i can get the pipes easily.
I just had my local muffler shop weld them in right behind some magnaflow mufflers. It sounds great, I've been driving with them open for a couple months and except for a lil drone I like it.

Here's a short video. http://youtu.be/duqCRBnEF44

#19 ·
I had to google the stock exhaust setup as I havent' been under my car yet. In the video it looked like the bends around the diff were actually tubular mufflers wwhich is why I though it was strange. I normally refer to things on my exhaust in the direction of flow, not from point of view. That's why I was confused on the "behind" reference. There definitely seems to be more room in the back for the cutouts which is convenient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.