Speed+windows down=bad - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Speed+windows down=bad in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic How many people are in the 160+ mph club? *raises hand* I had the limiter removed ...
    mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Speed+windows down=bad

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    How many people are in the 160+ mph club? *raises hand*
    I had the limiter removed a few months ago and have gotten it to 158...but getting north of 150 is always a challenge. I suppose one day I'll have to wake up at 6 AM on a Sunday and hit the A66 towards Frankfurt, probably the only time/place around here it would be possible.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

^^^that is a nice stretch of AutoBahn....

BTW...I was able to hit 161 in a diesel Benz I rented while playing w/a Porsche.... I'll have to find the vid....

Also...I averaged 29.6 mpg headed to Munich....gotta love Diesels....

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

164 here in the v.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V
    193mph on my 05 R1. I was using a GPS speedo that's like 99.9% accurate.

Also did about 190 in a ACR viper but I wasn't driving ...All in Mexico of course
    I have a 05r1 too! Only been to a buck 40 tho. And it's geared down so probly only 125 or so. Anything over 110 on a bike is kinda scary lol

brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

In my 468cid 69 vette I hit a 6500 chip with 3.25 gears and 28inch tall tires..... Comes out to 166....

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    I had the cobalt up to 150mph at Fontana on the banked front "straight". I have had the cobalt faster in the middle of the night, probably 130-2 am, going through Mexico on in between Tucson and Yuma LOL. There is NOTHING out there lol. With the tune limiting the car to 7k rpm in top gear and not the 155mph speed limiter it got to 160 and had more. I got pulled over probably 2 miles after I settled down to 80mph. Haha.

seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Good to know, was planning on heading to Mexico once I got some decent tires (two are h rated). Ill make sure to roll windows up when I cross the border

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    mstrjon32 likes this.

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    I had the cobalt up to 150mph at Fontana on the banked front "straight". I have had the cobalt faster in the middle of the night, probably 130-2 am, going through Mexico on in between Tucson and Yuma LOL. There is NOTHING out there lol. With the tune limiting the car to 7k rpm in top gear and not the 155mph speed limiter it got to 160 and had more. I got pulled over probably 2 miles after I settled down to 80mph. Haha.
    Better to have it happen that way. I once got pulled over doing 86 in a 55 in my Jeep--just a few hours before my friend let me drive his new GT-R and I hit about 145. Of course, I was in Mexico, so NBD.

NickL84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V

160mph in my old 2003 Mustang Cobra. I was driving the car from Kentucky to it's new home in Boston, MA and all I can say is that the northwest corner of PA was a complete BLUR.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.