Cadillac Dealership experience: McCarthy Roseville, MN
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Dealership experience: McCarthy Roseville, MN in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I decided to give my local Cadillac dealership a try last week. Since its 1 mile from my office, I ...
    Scott2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

Cadillac Dealership experience: McCarthy Roseville, MN

I decided to give my local Cadillac dealership a try last week. Since its 1 mile from my office, I thought it would be great for service despite significantly higher prices.

I called to have them install my Corsa cat-back exhaust, do a Mobile1 oil change, tire rotation, wiper blades and a full safety inspection.

Dropped it off in the am on the date/time i "made an appointment." They said it would take a few hours.

While in meetings all day, I returned to pick it up around 3pm. Here's what I got:

"We were only able to do be wipers and oil change. We didn't have any techs available to do the rest of the work Why don't you pay for the oil change and wipers, take the car and bring it back tomorrow."

I informed them that getting a ride the next day would not be an option. So, here's what happened next:

"We can give you vallet service, come get your car and drop it off when completed tomorrow for your inconvenience."

I thought this was great. The service guy picks up phone to schedule, then says, "well, it looks like I can do vallet service next week for you."

At this point I tell him I'll have to check my schedule. I then pay $125 for this crappy service and over priced oil change, with no printed or verbal results of the "safety inspection" and go home.

It's been almost a week and no followup calls from the dealer.

I ended up installing the exhaust myself this weekend.

I have other Chevrolet vehicles I planned to take there, plus willing to pay top dollar for my V.

McCarthy Cadillac in Roseville, MN absolutely sucks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: Cadillac Dealership experience: McCarthy Roseville, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Scott2012 View Post
    I then pay $125 for this crappy service and over priced oil change, with no printed or verbal results of the "safety inspection" and go home.
    Which is why I don't take mine to a dealership. The caddy dealership here won't even touch my alignment because of aftermarket suspension. They like the fleet easy OEM stuff with labor hours printed in every procedure.

PISNUOFF Guest

Insert "Cadillac Customer Service" apology and request to PM or email them.

----------------

It's really sad that dealerships still don't get it. I use to have a BMW that was 12 years old and every time I took it to the dealer for even a simple oil change I got a loaner and was treated with tons of respect.
    odla and silentwig like this.

Yeah, its too bad...

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

That dealer is right by my work as well. I have a similar horrible story about Key Cadillac when I was forced to get my car towed there.... they replaced my PCM when all it needed was a theft system restart... claimed it "didn't output a ground to the starter". I absolutely needed my car the next day for work and was screwed into paying it. Sent the "bad" computer back to Jesse @ W4M and he reset it and performed the procedure at home as well. $140/hr too... I'll never be back there for service.

Oh and hire me to do your oil change and wiper changes next time (jk)! You got that Corsa from the CL ad?

carterjackson2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I decided to give my local Cadillac dealership a try last week. Since its 1 mile from my office, I thought it would be great for service despite significantly higher prices.

I called to have them install my Corsa cat-back exhaust, do a Mobile1 oil change, tire rotation, wiper blades and a full safety inspection.

Dropped it off in the am on the date/time i "made an appointment." They said it would take a few hours.

While in meetings all day, I returned to pick it up around 3pm. Here's what I got:

"We were only able to do be wipers and oil change. We didn't have any techs available to do the rest of the work Why don't you pay for the oil change and wipers, take the car and bring it back tomorrow."

I informed them that getting a ride the next day would not be an option. So, here's what happened next:

"We can give you vallet service, come get your car and drop it off when completed tomorrow for your inconvenience."

I thought this was great. The service guy picks up phone to schedule, then says, "well, it looks like I can do vallet service next week for you."

At this point I tell him I'll have to check my schedule. I then pay $125 for this crappy service and over priced oil change, with no printed or verbal results of the "safety inspection" and go home.

It's been almost a week and no followup calls from the dealer.

I ended up installing the exhaust myself this weekend.

I have other Chevrolet vehicles I planned to take there, plus willing to pay top dollar for my V.

McCarthy Cadillac in Roseville, MN absolutely sucks!!
    Bought my used V from the dealership in Golden Valley (MN). I drove in from a couple hours away to look at the car, which had come in as a trade-in. It was obviously very well kept and I decided I wanted it. I asked if I could put a couple thousand down to hold it for a couple days until I got a check from my credit union at home. "Nope, this car will sell in a day or two so you have to buy it right now if you want it. We cannot accept any money down." That meant I had to go through their financing and then transfer over to my credit union, which was a huge pain. Also, I called to see if I could get a copy of the service records (after I bought the car) and never even got a call back. I love the V for a cruise now and then, but the Tesla Model S is starting to look pretty good, especially if I can avoid going to a dealership.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

There are good GM dealerships, but every ridiculously terrible experience I've ever had at a dealership has been at a GM one. Including one where the salesman refused to let me test drive a car because I didn't look "serious enough".
    odla and BigDaddy-V like this.

tophat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I live across the street from Morries in Golden Valley, cant say much for their sales dept but when I had issues last month their service guys helped me out and the parts guy were awesome. If I am forced to go to a dealer I think I can trust them right now, got the car from Key and was not impressed with their service, plus their hours suck.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by tophat View Post
    I live across the street from Morries in Golden Valley, cant say much for their sales dept but when I had issues last month their service guys helped me out and the parts guy were awesome. If I am forced to go to a dealer I think I can trust them right now, got the car from Key and was not impressed with their service, plus their hours suck.
    Hello tophat,

I am happy to hear the dealership was able to help you when you brought your vehicle into their service department and they were awesome to work with. I am glad you found a dealership you are comfortable to bring your vehicle in for any work needed. If any questions or concerns arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello tophat,

I am happy to hear the dealership was able to help you when you brought your vehicle into their service department and they were awesome to work with. I am glad you found a dealership you are comfortable to bring your vehicle in for any work needed. If any questions or concerns arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Yeah- seems to be a needle in a haystack to find good service.

----------

After posting a negative rating on yahoo the service manager did leave me a voicemail today to call back- a least they did reach out, but it took public posts to get their attention.
    Not that I expect anything. I do want to say this forum and all the members have been awesome and just a great resource.

Carlson_mn- I may take you up on that oil change- LOL!
    tophat likes this.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Pretty shabby experience, for sure.

You wonder what's behind it. Dealer had techs not show up for work, had high number of other customers pop in without "appointments," or just poor planning on their part? Hard to believe there's a business anywhere that doesn't kiss the customer's butt and trip over themselves to service you. If I owned that dealership and heard of that experience, I'd ream someone.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Yeah- seems to be a needle in a haystack to find good service.

----------

After posting a negative rating on yahoo the service manager did leave me a voicemail today to call back- a least they did reach out, but it took public posts to get their attention.
    Not that I expect anything. I do want to say this forum and all the members have been awesome and just a great resource.

Carlson_mn- I may take you up on that oil change- LOL!
    Hi Scott2012,

I am sorry you had a poor experience at the dealership. It is good they reached out to you, no matter what circumstances you had to take to get their attention. I am happy you are pleased with this forum and the members you interact with on here; glad to know you think it's a great resource! If you ever have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

-ATS- is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

My local dealer was pretty good to me when I bought my current car, they gave me invoice pricing on the car and when I took the car in for the first free oil change they got it all done in an hour.

The Chevy dealer I bought the car from is awesome- but too far from me.
    I have felt with many dealerships over the years. For the most part service when buying a car has been mostly great. In fact for a short period, the service centers have been good after purchase.
    But just about every dealership service center I have encountered has been over priced and sub par service. That said, I'm still trying to get my arms around this past experience.
    I continue to play phone tag with the service manager there, but I think it's time to hit Walmart for some oil, and I'll do it myself

tophat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Do it yourself, less of a hassle and cheaper. My last oil change I just rolled into my warehouse and did right at work...Boss kinda looked at me funny but was cool with it
    carlson_mn likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.