Home from Transmission Repairs + New Monster Clutch - Have a few concerns. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Home from Transmission Repairs + New Monster Clutch - Have a few concerns. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by xbladr This sounds like just plain incompetent technicians. If a list is that big and you don't ...
    brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Re: Home from Transmission Repairs + New Monster Clutch - Have a few concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by xbladr View Post
    This sounds like just plain incompetent technicians. If a list is that big and you don't have an absolute pro who has built these transmissions before just put in a new one. I can't imagine the dealer saved much in terms of parts and their labor cost on rebuilding this trans.
    It may not have been the dealerships choice..... I was a Chrysler tech for 15 years and Chrysler makes you fill out a cost sheet othe trans parts and labor and it has to be over 70% of the cost of the trans....

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Transmission replaced and all is well. Smooth consistent shifts

I still get a little of that vibration in the clutch pedal feel, but I have a feeling that is a break in thing; I'll follow up with in after a while.
    PISNUOFF, Andringa and mstrjon32 like this.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I guess that is possible I just don't see how that wasn't over 70%. Either way glad to hear the OP's problems have been solved!

Quote Originally Posted by xbladr View Post
    I guess that is possible I just don't see how that wasn't over 70%. Either way glad to hear the OP's problems have been solved!
    They said the parts were like 2-3000 and the new transmission was 5000.

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Hmmm, now you're making me nervous. My car is in the shop right now for similar reasons (cc was grinding going into 3rd, they started with replacing some worn rear bushings, then finally dropped the trans). I don't know what all they had to replace, but the tech sent me pics one day of what he said was a gear that was rounded in areas where it was supposed to be sharp. I couldn't really tell anything from the pics he sent me. Anyways I had them replace all the rear bushings with revshift reds, the engine mounts were shot so they got replaced with revshift blues, and while the trans was down I had them install a monster stage 2 and remote bleeder. I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow, I'll be sure to give it a thorough shake down over the next week as I go on vacation on friday.

Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS View Post
    Hmmm, now you're making me nervous. My car is in the shop right now for similar reasons (cc was grinding going into 3rd, they started with replacing some worn rear bushings, then finally dropped the trans). I don't know what all they had to replace, but the tech sent me pics one day of what he said was a gear that was rounded in areas where it was supposed to be sharp. I couldn't really tell anything from the pics he sent me. Anyways I had them replace all the rear bushings with revshift reds, the engine mounts were shot so they got replaced with revshift blues, and while the trans was down I had them install a monster stage 2 and remote bleeder. I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow, I'll be sure to give it a thorough shake down over the next week as I go on vacation on friday.
    Seems we have the same setup going on now; I don't have my RevShift Blue motor mounts in yet though. Currently have new stock motor mounts in from last year. Might have to sit in your car and see how it feels if I want to take the time to pull my good stock mounts off =)

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

If you get vibration in the clutch pedal, that probably means that your pressure plate bolts aren't torqued equally. Some of the fingers that the slave throw-out bearing depress are probably folded outward a little further than the others.

If you lightly apply pressure to the clutch pedal, does the vibration get significantly worse? If so, then what I said above is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    If you get vibration in the clutch pedal, that means that your pressure plate bolts aren't torqued equally.
    It is only for a brief moment when you first press the pedal at usually mid to higher RPM's. I'll keep that in mind though.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS View Post
    Hello DDS rollin a CTS,

I apologize that you are nervous regarding your vehicle after reading through this thread. I see that you are hoping to pick up your vehicle today. Please let us know if you end up receiving your vehicle, and if your problem was addressed. Thank you very much for your time. I will be looking for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    If you get vibration in the clutch pedal, that probably means that your pressure plate bolts aren't torqued equally. Some of the fingers that the slave throw-out bearing depress are probably folded outward a little further than the others.

If you lightly apply pressure to the clutch pedal, does the vibration get significantly worse? If so, then what I said above is the problem.
    I noticed that if I am cruising at constant speed and press the clutch in half way to let it slip a little the vibration is constant; but it is only at the halfway point.

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

I have a similar vibration in my clutch, but I see from the other thread that it's probably not much to worry about. Like with Sevillian its minor and only on initial clutch application. On another note I think I'd recommend that anyone else doing bushings go with the blue for the differential bushing. I went with the read and damn if I don't have to turn up the radio to drown out my diff noise now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.