New tires, Aggressive driving and now no more CDM?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RyRidesMotoX
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New tires, Aggressive driving and now no more CDM? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So ive been enjoying the new wheels and sticky rubber...two days ago competitive driving mode worked. Today it wont, either ...
    Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways

New tires, Aggressive driving and now no more CDM?

So ive been enjoying the new wheels and sticky rubber...two days ago competitive driving mode worked. Today it wont, either TC is on or off. Whats up? Did I launch too hard at some point?

on a plus note, pulled up beside a modded Camaro a the lights. nose to nose into 3rd but red and blues forced an early shut down. The new rubber really helps responsiveness.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: New tires, Aggressive driving and now no more CDM?

Think ive found the problem. I haven't reset the new tpms in the forgestars, and when I park at home im within feet of the original wheels, most likely causing my issues. Either reset to the new tpms or move the old wheels to stop tripping the system. How much tire pressure am I going to lose letting out 3 seconds of nitrogen? Probably need a top up id assume.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Maybe the cops disabled the CDM haha
    Manofmetal01 likes this.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmetal01 View Post
    Think ive found the problem. I haven't reset the new tpms in the forgestars, and when I park at home im within feet of the original wheels, most likely causing my issues. Either reset to the new tpms or move the old wheels to stop tripping the system. How much tire pressure am I going to lose letting out 3 seconds of nitrogen? Probably need a top up id assume.
    With normal oxygen, about 3 seconds is ~3psi from what I've seen.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

RTFM ...5 seconds of change in psi

Hold lock & unlock on the remote with key in On position until horn chirps, might need to lock and unlock doors, and then start with drivers front, pass front, etc. around the car for each chirp and then the last one should double chirp.

If sensors aren't set, don't work... you cant get into Comp mode.

Yes exaclty. But as I said my old tires are right near where I park and the car reads them when i pull in. Im just going to do it near the tire shop so i can top up the nitrogen when I'm done.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmetal01 View Post
    Yes exaclty. But as I said my old tires are right near where I park and the car reads them when i pull in. Im just going to do it near the tire shop so i can top up the nitrogen when I'm done.
    Reading the other set of wheels isn't a problem. The change in pressure triggers the sensor to send an update. At which point the car puts that sensor in the position that it is currently training. There could be 100 other sensors in the room, as long as they aren't actively broadcasting it will be fine.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Had the same exact problem. Had my track wheels in the garage where I park the car and when it was in the garage the sensors would read but the values were wrong for the tires on the car. The wheels I had on the car had issues with the sensor so they were not programmed. When I pull out of the garage the car continues to read the bogus values for a while and then eventually they just go to dashes, throw an error, and the comp mode is dead again.

If your sensors are working correctly then you shouldn't loose more than a couple of PSI during the reteach.

Sounds good gents, ill do this before I leave the parking compound of this prison camp in two weeks

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I bought a tool for $80 that lets me reset the TPMS at each wheel without having to let air in and out. It was well worth the money.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    Reading the other set of wheels isn't a problem. The change in pressure triggers the sensor to send an update. At which point the car puts that sensor in the position that it is currently training. There could be 100 other sensors in the room, as long as they aren't actively broadcasting it will be fine.
    Actually, having other tires in the room can cause problems. It's better to do a re-learn at least 200 feet away from old tires. I've run into issues in the past.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.