Rear windows only work from front door wtf?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rear windows only work from front door wtf? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anybody ever heard of this? They work fine from the front door but neither rear door operates them. No, the ...
    carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Rear windows only work from front door wtf?

Anybody ever heard of this? They work fine from the front door but neither rear door operates them. No, the protective window over-ride switch is not engaged... they don't work in either setting for that matter as far as troubleshooting that switch. I do have a replacement PCM but not sure if they did this with the stock computer... just noticed it actually.

FWIW sometimes the windows/sunroof will act funny when the key is removed but you haven't opened a door yet... if the front windows are going auto-up and you raise the rears, the passenger front window will start going down by itself. Funny stuff hard to describe, luckily not a big deal. Thanks for any insight, maybe somebody else has seen this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

Re: Rear windows only work from front door wtf?

I also have a little bit of issues, my windows will act funny and un responsive when I start the car, it takes maybe 4 or 5 seconds of me hitting up or down for them to do stuff..They are temper mental haha. not sure why..

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    My sunroof at times does opposite of what I want.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

I'd start checking electrical grounds in your vehicle. If you are trying to change one window and it makes a different window move you have electrical issues that need to get sorted out.

One of the main ground connections that people have problems with is the negative wire that connects at the base of the hood strut. Search on the forum for more information, but people have had all kinds of random problems that went away when they disconnected that wire cleaned the connection and put a star washer between the frame and wire to improve connectivity.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    Anybody ever heard of this? They work fine from the front door but neither rear door operates them. No, the protective window over-ride switch is not engaged... they don't work in either setting for that matter as far as troubleshooting that switch. I do have a replacement PCM but not sure if they did this with the stock computer... just noticed it actually.

FWIW sometimes the windows/sunroof will act funny when the key is removed but you haven't opened a door yet... if the front windows are going auto-up and you raise the rears, the passenger front window will start going down by itself. Funny stuff hard to describe, luckily not a big deal. Thanks for any insight, maybe somebody else has seen this.
    Hello carlson_mn,

I see you have engaged with the community in regards to this matter. I apologize for any inconvenience your window malfunction is causing for you. I see that Andringa offered good advice to your situation. Let me know how things go for you and if you are thinking about taking your vehicle in for a diagnosis at the dealer, I am more than happy to stay involved throughout the process. I can also be contacted via private message to further discuss any issues or concerns.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Becker View Post
    I also have a little bit of issues, my windows will act funny and un responsive when I start the car, it takes maybe 4 or 5 seconds of me hitting up or down for them to do stuff..They are temper mental haha. not sure why..
    Hello Becker,

I have also commented in regards to carlson_mn who created this thread. I apologize for any inconvenience of your windows not operating correctly. Feel free to private message me with how you would like to continue to try and resolve this concern. I can also further discuss any issues or questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.