DMH cutout issues. Is he still around?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, DMH cutout issues. Is he still around? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hi everyone I have a question regarding DMH cutouts. Is he still active in making these I have not been ...
    bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis

DMH cutout issues. Is he still around?

Hi everyone I have a question regarding DMH cutouts. Is he still active in making these I have not been able to reach him for support. After closing mine they slightly recoil open slightly allowing some exhaust to come out sounding like hell. This is causing the baffles to rattle against the baffle housing. Meaning they wont stay sealed when closed. Also mine rattle a lot at the joint between the motor plate and the baffle plate. I've continuously tightened and Loctite the 4 small Allen head bolts that join these two together to no positive result. minor approximately 2 1/2 years old with 5000 miles on them.

I tried emailing and calling with no response for quite some time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    I called just this week to place an order and still no answer from them after 3 days. I purchased something for my brother before Christmas and the transaction was smooth as silk. Dave agreed that he was turning his shop and customer service around but ... Maybe that hasn't happened.

I really want to get these over QTPs for the warranty difference of QTP's 90 day versus DMH's 4 year warranty, however what good is a 4 year warranty if you can get ahold of anyone for support.

Let us know if you are able to get any response out of them?

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Maryland speed carries them... Maybe they can rustle him up for you. He may be real busy filling orders, maybe too busy for a single person order or warranty issue. I totally forgot about their cutouts... Qtp's are like $100 more for almost the same thing. Is the only difference between the 2 in qtp's ability to open the cutout at different degrees? Like half way, 1/4 and full? That ain't worth $100 imho

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Re: DMH cutout issues. Is he still around?

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Maryland speed carries them... Maybe they can rustle him up for you. He may be real busy filling orders, maybe too busy for a single person order or warranty issue. I totally forgot about their cutouts... Qtp's are like $100 more for almost the same thing. Is the only difference between the 2 in qtp's ability to open the cutout at different degrees? Like half way, 1/4 and full? That ain't worth $100 imho
    DMH can do the same thing. it just a switch that operates a motor/solenoid so in theory its infinitely adjustable.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post

DMH can do the same thing. it just a switch that operates a motor/solenoid so in theory its infinitely adjustable.
    Oh... So QTP cutouts are made of diamond plated platinum then??? Lol

I think Maryland Speed's page says something explicitly about warranty service coming from the manufacturer (for this reason) and there have been previous posts that Maryland Speed was unable to provide any leverage when another person on the forums needed warranty assistance.

Frustrating that this is a product quite a few people want and the company doesn't have the time/interest/desire to keep up.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Does DMH sell replacement motors? I like that QTP does... Ill probably buy an extra motor whenever I order my mine, just incase one goes out ill have it ready replace.

I had no idea they would sell replace by motors, but sure enough they are listed in their site for $60. Thanks for pointing that out.

This may be enough for me to take the plunge and go with QTP and an extra motor as a spare.

bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis
    At this point the rattle is troublesome and annoying. Yeah he has a warranty but useless unless you can reach him. May not be his fault. I'm considering just blowing money for a new set just to solve my problem. Summer and car sounds like poop because of baffles recoding open the slightest bit allowing a leaky exhaust sound when's want it closed. The motor to housing mount is also loose and can not be tightened more. Since I have his low pro I'm committed to DMH.

Wouldn't do it again.

----------

Maybe I just buy a set from a distributer. You may be right about dealing with 1 individual warranty is small beans, but he has not taken my call and the VM is full so he has no knowledge of me or my issue. What if I was a place ordering 100 sets? Oh well.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Have any of you considered the noweeds diverters?

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    Never heard of them before, they look interesting. But, they are $800 for the dual 2.5" setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    Never heard of them before, they look interesting. But, they are $800 for the dual 2.5" setup?
    Yeah, they are really pricey. But they give a genuine performance gain, seem to be built very sturdily and have actual customer support. I would consider getting them in place of a catback.

05velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Redline

Mine have been rattling and leaking for over a year and I have never been able to get a response from DMH. Dave was really helpful when I bought them, shipped really fast and sounded like he would stand behind them. They worked great for the first year. Finally decided to fix them myself using this post as a guide; http://www.lxforums.com/board/f71/dm...le-fix-218038/
    Basically there are 2 small Phillips screws that attach the thin metal of the motor to the housing that come loose over time. The slop in the motor position causes the butterfly to back off when closed. It took my son and I a couple hours to complete the fix. Take pictures of the gears, the hardest part is getting the gear box back together.

I still would like to get a hold of Dave because one of my motors is running slower than the other. There are no markings on the motor to source a replacement.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    Wow....just checked out the noweeds website....looks like a pretty legit setup.....

I'll prob pull the trigger on them when I get back to the states....

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    Wow....just checked out the noweeds website....looks like a pretty legit setup.....

I'll prob pull the trigger on them when I get back to the states....
    The V2 and Camaro guys like them. I'm not aware of any V1 guys who have run them yet. You'll have to check with them about fitment.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.