Tranny mounts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Tranny mounts in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I just got pisinuoff's shifter an revshift mounts. When I shift hard into 4th I can feel it hit ...
    253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Tranny mounts

So I just got pisinuoff's shifter an revshift mounts. When I shift hard into 4th I can feel it hit the driveline, or if I just pull it back hard while in 4th. Or if I push it towards the passenger side in second gear. The part that bothers me about it is I'm afraid something's not right. Anyone else have this ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Re: Tranny mounts

Is it possible the trans mount was shimmed at some point? Make sure that the trans mount doesn't have anything making it sit higher than it has too.

I haven't heard of anyone else having issues with PissNuoff's shifter which leads me to believe your problem is either the shifter or trans mount is installed incorrectly.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Here's a thread that might interest you regarding Revshift trans-mount:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ion-mount.html

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by philistine
    Here's a thread that might interest you regarding Revshift trans-mount:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ion-mount.html
    So you're saying my insert probably pushed my tranny up enough for me to touch the driveline?

DougNuts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    So you're saying my insert probably pushed my tranny up enough for me to touch the driveline?
    Yes, you aren't the first person to run into this issue with the combination of the two parts.

PISNUOFF Guest

I changed my design and increased the throw on my shifters after the insert manufacturer refused to believe that it raises the trans higher than stock. You shouldn't be hitting. Double check to make sure you inverted the nylon pivot ball housing. This will raise the entire shifter assembly about 1/4".

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I changed my design and increased the throw on my shifters after the insert manufacturer refused to believe that it raises the trans higher than stock. You shouldn't be hitting. Double check to make sure you inverted the nylon pivot ball housing. This will raise the entire shifter assembly about 1/4".
    I thought I was the only one who was accused of making a trans mount that was higher than stock.

Maybe the aftermarket mounts don't squish under the weight of the trans "like they should". I crack myself up.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

PISNUOFF Guest

Haha. Yeah Max, but the difference is you understand that the stock mounts 'squish' after a VERY short time.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I changed my design and increased the throw on my shifters after the insert manufacturer refused to believe that it raises the trans higher than stock.
    You guys are like little kids.

Our insert DOES NOT raise the trans AT ALL. The pissnuoff shifter was modified around a stock sagging trans mount. This is why he "changed his design" after we proved our claim.

Here is the proof. If you have anything to say about it then please call me directly and let me know. 586-510-4042. This includes you, Max.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    You guys are like little kids.
    Avoid stereotyping. The opinions of one high-profile member are not necessarily held by the majority.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Avoid stereotyping. The opinions of one high-profile member are not necessarily held by the majority.
    I was exclusively referring to the two Buzz Killingtons in this thread who have a negative attitude toward Revshift products. The majority of the people in the CTS-V community are very mature, understanding, and pleasant to deal with (yourself included, Fuzzy). We are very grateful for that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.