Stock Mustang 5.0 vs cts v - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Stock Mustang 5.0 vs cts v in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The cts-v is a good roll car. I don't do to many dig runs to much wheel hop...
    OneSlowV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Stock Mustang 5.0 vs cts v

The cts-v is a good roll car. I don't do to many dig runs to much wheel hop

WarrenMRogers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    My apologies, I meant GT.

Wingsfan4life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black Raven
    My room mate has an 06 GT auto...we rolled from 60 I was in third...smoked him and gave him about a half a car start and I was 3 cars ahead of him when I dumped it into fourth...he pulled on me on a 0-60 start til I hit third, then I walked on him..long story short he don't talk smack about the Caddy anymore...

Those 3v stangs really don't give a V any problems. Even the roush stangs that are supercharged with 435hp are slow lol.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post
    Those 3v stangs really don't give a V any problems. Even the roush stangs that are supercharged with 435hp are slow lol.
    What?? Seriously?

Yep they run low 13s and trap around 107-109 mph. Before i had my V i owned a 07 charger srt8 and bet one by two cars. But you can get 500hp with a smaller pulley and tune then they really come alive though.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post
    Yep they run low 13s and trap around 107-109 mph. Before i had my V i owned a 07 charger srt8 and bet one by two cars. But you can get 500hp with a smaller pulley and tune then they really come alive though.
    I agree... The supercharged roush isn't that fast. Even with a smaller pulley on one I was door to door with my cobalt on my grocery getter tune, on ethanol I would have easily put 2+ cars from 40-140. I want to get the CTS-V built up so I can terrorize people again.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    http://youtu.be/bU7pVm_Eveg

I know this isn't a 100% fair race but it's deff a win for the V and very fun to watch.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Hey h_town,

Did you ever get a chance to mod up any high flows yet? My tranny in my Burban went out so paying for that right now before I get a chance to do mine. Just wondering what you did and how it might have worked.

BDV

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy-V
    Hey h_town,

Did you ever get a chance to mod up any high flows yet? My tranny in my Burban went out so paying for that right now before I get a chance to do mine. Just wondering what you did and how it might have worked.

BDV
    I decided to wait and just buy headers around Christmas time. I'm gonna be moving into a house in November so the noise issue won't be a problem anymore
    http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com...EXHAUST/Detail

Have you checked these out. You can't beat the price and it's a DIY install.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Yes I have seen those and that is what got me thinking about doing the change up. I still might go with those but I found a shop that would do the custom work for me and relocate them back to the midpipe (kind of like what the kooks midpipe would be like) for 200 bucks and I just have to supply the cats. So for like 400 total I can have a custom setup and still run working O2s and if I add the LTs later then there is no work to be done and just put them in there. If it were to work out well enough I might leave it that way and save the money and sink it into a better clutch or cam at that point. At any rate I want to do what I can to be a sleeper so pulling up next to a new 5.0 is not a problem for me! hehe!

BDV

seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Thought I'd bring this back up, was in Mexico last night and from a 60mph roll in 4th beat an 02 GT with an exhaust by about 4 lengths at 120, wasn't even fair. Love this car can't wait till I do intake and exhaust.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Start it in 3rd @60mph next time and really make him want to hang himself when he gets home.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
    Quote Originally Posted by seeyouinajif View Post
    Thought I'd bring this back up, was in Mexico last night and from a 60mph roll in 4th beat an 02 GT with an exhaust by about 4 lengths at 120, wasn't even fair. Love this car can't wait till I do intake and exhaust.

They didn't have the 5.0 in 2002. I believe that would have been the 4.6 making significantly less power. (260hp I think)

carlson_mn likes this.

Shame on yall... Street racing is illegal, hehehehe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.