Stock Mustang 5.0 vs cts v - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Stock Mustang 5.0 vs cts v in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by BigDaddy-V Did what the other day? Got walked or did the walking? BDV Did the walking. He ...
    seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy-V View Post
    Did what the other day? Got walked or did the walking?

BDV
    Did the walking. He had an exhaust too- my v is bone stock atm

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

OneSlowV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Stock Mustang 5.0 vs cts v

I liked to see how my tune and headers V would do against one from a roll

WarrenMRogers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    I easily walk this same manual 2008ish 5.0 around town with at least exhaust but there's no telling if it is in a good mechanical shape. The driver is a gorgeous brunette! I have a stock 04 with 101k miles. I have also stomped a supercharged foxbody. I have yet to lose a race here in Mexico. (Not saying I won't I just haven't met my match yet.)
    ImEpayne likes this.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

^^^^pics of the brunette?

seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post
    I liked to see how my tune and headers V would do against one from a roll
    Unless you miss a shift you'll be fine

OneSlowV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

No phone number yet lol. The V i got feels alot stronger than my ls2 gto did both being stock. Maybe its the 3.73s idk. These cars really pull in 3rd and 4th

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    I got so upset last night after a friend of mine stated his 99(stock 4.6) mustang would destroy my V. So I put a $100 bill on the table and the excuses started flowing. It's kind of a joke since I beat this same rustang in my old pickup truck...
    My buddy at work has a Whipple on his 07 Shelby 350gt AUTOMATIC lol... He wouldnt even race my little cobalt, from a roll or a dig, he sure as hell won't race my V now or if I ever get my heads machined and a nice can put in it. Lol his stang is a low 13s/high 12s car on a good day. That cobalt could run 12s easy all day long every day. Some mustang owners are as bad as civic guys I swear.

InfrareV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMRogers View Post
    I easily walk this same manual 2008ish 5.0 around town with at least exhaust but there's no telling if it is in a good mechanical shape. The driver is a gorgeous brunette! I have a stock 04 with 101k miles. I have also stomped a supercharged foxbody. I have yet to lose a race here in Mexico. (Not saying I won't I just haven't met my match yet.)
    They didn't make the new 5.0 until 2011, '05-'10 were 3V 4.6's and were significantly slower.

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    My buddy at work has a Whipple on his 07 Shelby 350gt AUTOMATIC lol... He wouldnt even race my little cobalt, from a roll or a dig, he sure as hell won't race my V now or if I ever get my heads machined and a nice can put in it. Lol his stang is a low 13s/high 12s car on a good day. That cobalt could run 12s easy all day long every day. Some mustang owners are as bad as civic guys I swear.
    I don't recall a "350GT", there was a Shelby GT but it wasn't much different than the normal GT. 319hp at the crank, with a small whipple I'd expect it to be a little faster then you're suggesting but they only ran mid-high 13's stock. Also Automatic's are frequently preferred and often faster when drag racing. With a 13 second car maybe not, but there's a tradeoff at some point.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMRogers View Post

08 GTs aren't 5.0s, they are 4.6 IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by seeyouinajif View Post
    Unless you miss a shift you'll be fine

This.

Quote Originally Posted by InfrareV View Post
    They didn't make the new 5.0 until 2011, '05-'10 were 3V 4.6's and were significantly slower.

I don't recall a "350GT", there was a Shelby GT but it wasn't much different than the normal GT. 319hp at the crank, with a small whipple I'd expect it to be a little faster then you're suggesting but they only ran mid-high 13's stock. Also Automatic's are frequently preferred and often faster when drag racing. With a 13 second car maybe not, but there's a tradeoff at some point.
    Truth and truth. Automatics are also more consistent.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

DSC06402.jpg100_1087.jpg

The engine bay looks clean but the stickers... Not so much. Its gotten worse recently as well. That is an old picture. It's just not my style, too much bling in stickies on the side. Granted my car is probably louder than his exhaust wise anyways. To each his own but he's got a sticker for everything he had done on that thing. I thought only Honda guys did that

Gah wtf? The rest of my post went away... Damn phone and trying to upload pictures.... I think I got it all back now.

Quote Originally Posted by InfrareV View Post
    I know autos are better for drags but I was emphasizing that cuz he didn't want to race any of my manuals. Also Shelby gt or 350, I don't know the models of every mustang ever, and for some reason, alot of those generation Shelby GT guys call their cars 350s, its on their license plates and stuff, guys advertise them all the time as a "Shelby 350 GT", I don't know why you'd have to ask them. I do know the fast ones, the termis, the gt500s, LS swapped foxes the ones I know I'll end up losing to with the proper application of money, parts, and psi. Also the low 13s/high 12s are from his video evidence not mine lol. I'll try and find it.

Edit, looks like the videos he had are no longer on photobucket... I dunno

voodoochikin04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v

just this last weekend I raced a 2013 mustang 5.0 auto 3.15rear gear, with cold air intake and a tune. He dynoed at 373 to the wheels. I got the jump on him at a roll but he slowly walked away from me (04 V with cold air intake-rest is stock). Had we mashed the gas at the same time he would have pulled away decently i believe. Same night we raced a new camaro ss 6speed, from a roll. it was virtually dead even till we let off. idk if the camaro was in 3rd while i was in 2nd starting out... because he wouldnt talk to us or look over at all. maybe he was a bad shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 View Post
    just this last weekend I raced a 2013 mustang 5.0 auto 3.15rear gear, with cold air intake and a tune. He dynoed at 373 to the wheels. I got the jump on him at a roll but he slowly walked away from me (04 V with cold air intake-rest is stock). Had we mashed the gas at the same time he would have pulled away decently i believe. Same night we raced a new camaro ss 6speed, from a roll. it was virtually dead even till we let off. idk if the camaro was in 3rd while i was in 2nd starting out... because he wouldnt talk to us or look over at all. maybe he was a bad shifter.
    You played into the mustang's gearing from a roll... Off the line you would have done better... Do they really come with 3.15s though? I though they started with 3.30 or 3.20s or somethings though. With an option for 3.73 or something?

voodoochikin04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v

the guy claims its a 3.15, he kept going on how he gets such great mpg on the highways with his 3.15 rear gear.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

The autos come with a 3.15 and the manuals standard is 3.31 with 3.55 and 3.73 optional. Not sure which are optional with the auto.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

I ran a 5.0 CS (California Special). He appeared to be stock with a manual. We ran twice from a dig, he had me slightly in 1st, I evened it up in 2nd was pulling away in 3rd. Mine is tuned with headers. I probably would have lost if I was stock...but it's clearly a drivers race.
    lollygagger8 and carlson_mn like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.