Exhaust, clutch, shifter, bushings woooo!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 253ctsv
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Exhaust, clutch, shifter, bushings woooo! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Today I got my car back from the shop. All revshift bushings. Pisinuoff shifter. McLeod RXT clutch with aluminum fly ...
    253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Exhaust, clutch, shifter, bushings woooo!

Today I got my car back from the shop. All revshift bushings. Pisinuoff shifter. McLeod RXT clutch with aluminum fly wheel. Kooks 1 7/8" headers, cat delete, corsa...

Sweet mother of Jesus. I fell in love with this car all over again. Everything is tight. Clutch chatters a little on occasion but it's great too. One thing about the shifter is I can now use the front lighter plug for my phone charger! And the exhaust... Oh my god the sound is a nice grumble at the low end, and a wicked raspy sound that' scares small children at wot. (Also scared my gf when I got home and reved it) it's amazing. Just wanted to share my excitement with you all.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

trucker922 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Re: Exhaust, clutch, shifter, bushings woooo!

Sounds like fun! Getting ready to do all my bushings, and install my headers. Ur post gave me a little motivation. Did u do subframe bushings? MM?

Quote Originally Posted by trucker922
    Sounds like fun! Getting ready to do all my bushings, and install my headers. Ur post gave me a little motivation. Did u do subframe bushings? MM?
    Everything revshift had. Except the flex disc. The mechanic said it didn't work. Guessing he didn't go to RS web sight n read their instructions because I think I remember something about it being a floating tranny and you have to shim it or something? Gonna look it up later.

Car feels so tight now, bushings r amazing.And it's so loud at wot I'm worried I might get pulled over by every cop that sees me.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    so loud at wot I'm worried I might get pulled over by every cop that sees me.
    They will... not kidding or being sarcastic... they'll pull you over or come for you from a long distance if/when they hear you go wot...

farsighted770 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cts V

new to the forum, did a quick search and found a reference but not a link, tell me about the "PISNUOFF" shifter

Quote Originally Posted by farsighted770
    new to the forum, did a quick search and found a reference but not a link, tell me about the "PISNUOFF" shifter
    He has a thread on here. Long story short you PayPal him. He sends you a modified stock shifter. You replace it and send back your core... I haven't had another shifter to compare other than stock. But I like it. Also I can now use the plug that the shifter used to hit in 5th gear and reverse. Also pisnuoff's shifter is like half the cost of other shigters

seeyouinajif is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I'm jealous, that's all stuff I want to do to my V! Pictures? Video of exhaust?

Idk how to upload pics. Only got a couple. Here's the only vid I took from my crappy IPhone. Hope to make some more sometime. It really doesn't do it justice. When I drive I try to keep the Rs down because after about 3k it sounds like a race car and you can hear it for a long ways. Still not too loud in the car IMO

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMXA2iB9azg&feature=plcp

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

My revshift bushings just arrived saturday and the car goes to the shop wednesday to have them installed. I'll be doing everything in the rear end this time around, then when I get a few bucks set aside I'll get the motor mounts and trans bushing done when I finally get my b&b headers and exhaust installed. I can't wait!

Wow that is LAF. A little loud to daily drive but sounded awesome even on the phone

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yeah I only drive it on weekends n sometimes to the store. It's not so bad under 3k rpm. Here's another vid. Well I can't find the link, but go to my first vid and there is another on my channel

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.