Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I took the V to th drag strip the other day for the first time. I was getting high ...
  1. #1
    jeph054 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    99

    Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    So I took the V to th drag strip the other day for the first time. I was getting high 13's which is Ok for a completely stock car. What pisses me off is I know it could get faster times if I could get the #$%^ wheels to hook up. Damn that blasted wheel hop It was fun racing co-workers who had a G8 and a Focu ST. I raced a different ST and sadly he smoked me but I missed Third gear. he had all sorts of shiz doen to his car so that makes me feel better. 2 runs later he blows up his car! oops....

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Famous556's Avatar
    Famous556 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Platinum V
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    24

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    Good on you for taking the V to the strip. What trap speeds were you getting at the end of the 1/4?

  4. #3
    rand49er's Avatar
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Lyon, MI
    Age
    65
    Posts
    13,182

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    Axles plus cradle bushings equal zero wheelhop.

    BTW, I grew up in Rochester Hills ... went to high school there ... kids born there, too.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

  5. #4
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    48,802
    Whoa, I thought some g00b just bumped a 9 year old thread.


    -- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)


  6. #5
    rand49er's Avatar
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Lyon, MI
    Age
    65
    Posts
    13,182

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Whoa, I thought some g00b just bumped a 9 year old thread.
    Now, who would do that?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

  7. #6
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    48,802
    :


    -- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)


  8. #7
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern IN
    Posts
    927

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    13.46 is my best with a ton of hop. Need some new tires and I'd like to go back now that I have Revshifts Red cradle bushings in. So much smoother.

  9. #8
    JFensty's Avatar
    JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    13.46 is my best with a ton of hop. Need some new tires and I'd like to go back now that I have Revshifts Red cradle bushings in. So much smoother.
    What were your trap speeds? I ran a 12.89 @ 112 with a sad 2.1 60'. Got to drive home though.

  10. #9
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern IN
    Posts
    927

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    What were your trap speeds? I ran a 12.89 @ 112 with a sad 2.1 60'. Got to drive home though.
    2.23 and also had a .5 second reaction time; it was my first run of the day and sadly my best run. I was not ready; usually you get up there and wait forever for them to let you go, I pulled up and bam they were going... My second run would have been better... I was taking a 4th gen Camaro SS until I missed 4th gear. And don't ask how the hell I missed the easiest gear of them all.

    Is your car stock power ? Cause I know most guys struggle to get low 13's on stock power.

  11. #10
    JFensty's Avatar
    JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    593
    Trap speed meaning mph. Small cam, headers and 150k miles. The day was pretty perfect. Usually on a hot day I'm running a 13.01- 13.20. Mph usually doesn't change which is why I was asking.

  12. #11
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern IN
    Posts
    927

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    comprehended that wrong. ya... 103.8

  13. #12
    farsighted770 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cts V
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    66

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    wheel hop is the devil, i'm driving a 13 second 12 second car right now because i couldnt 60' to save my life. Last time i was out, went from 2.49 to a 2.15 in 3 or 4 runs but couldn't do better... mph is there but the ET not so much :/ i looked at the slip and thought 13.08 are you kidding me?!

    dont feel bad OP, it is a hard car to drive at the track, i could cut 1.7's on street 18/235's in my cammed GTO, and those are plagued with suspension issues as well, just cant seem to get it goin with the V.

  14. #13
    jeph054 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    99

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    Quote Originally Posted by Famous556 View Post
    Good on you for taking the V to the strip. What trap speeds were you getting at the end of the 1/4?
    I don't have the slip in front of me but I do remember the first 60' was weak. I think my top speed at the 1/4 was 104.57 mph.

    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Axles plus cradle bushings equal zero wheelhop.

    BTW, I grew up in Rochester Hills ... went to high school there ... kids born there, too.
    Yes I know there is a solution to the hop but I really don't want to spend that kind of cash just to eliminate the hop. It is only an issue like once a year...maybe so it is not cost effective for me. I've read on here that the axles are close to a grand each and several hundo for the cradle.
    Which high school? I live on crooks and auburn.

    Quote Originally Posted by farsighted770 View Post
    wheel hop is the devil, i'm driving a 13 second 12 second car right now because i couldnt 60' to save my life. Last time i was out, went from 2.49 to a 2.15 in 3 or 4 runs but couldn't do better... mph is there but the ET not so much :/ i looked at the slip and thought 13.08 are you kidding me?!

    This was my problem. If you looked at times i got beat by my co-workers but if you looked at speed, I beat them. All lost in the first 60'!

    dont feel bad OP, it is a hard car to drive at the track, i could cut 1.7's on street 18/235's in my cammed GTO, and those are plagued with suspension issues as well, just cant seem to get it goin with the V.
    It was diappointing...I was the favorite cuz everyone loves the V. Oh well, I didn't buy it to drag it anyway...S'all good...

  15. #14
    rand49er's Avatar
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Lyon, MI
    Age
    65
    Posts
    13,182

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeph054 View Post
    ... Yes I know there is a solution to the hop but I really don't want to spend that kind of cash just to eliminate the hop. It is only an issue like once a year...maybe so it is not cost effective for me. I've read on here that the axles are close to a grand each and several hundo for the cradle.
    Which high school? I live on crooks and auburn ...
    You might be able to try one axle and cradle bushings. Might eliminate 80% (or more). Some guys do cradle bushings only and have very good success.

    When I went to high school , there was only one. That should tell you. I grew up in Spring Hill sub (Walton and Adams) back when it was new. Looks a little overgrown, now. Since then, have lived in (owned) houses behind Adams High School, close to town near Tienken and Rochester Road, a big house off Silver Bell Road, and one across from Great Oaks CC off Livernois between Tienken and Walton. Still think of the area as "home."
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

  16. #15
    jeph054 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    99

    Re: Livin Life a 1/4 mile at a time...

    I know what you mean. I lived in KY for 4 years and it NEVER felt like home. When I moved back it felt like i never left.

    I will have to look into the bushings...For a couple hundos...if theres a chance it will drastically reduce it then I'd be up for that. Now I will have to research it...

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    You might be able to try one axle and cradle bushings. Might eliminate 80% (or more). Some guys do cradle bushings only and have very good success.

    When I went to high school , there was only one. That should tell you. I grew up in Spring Hill sub (Walton and Adams) back when it was new. Looks a little overgrown, now. Since then, have lived in (owned) houses behind Adams High School, close to town near Tienken and Rochester Road, a big house off Silver Bell Road, and one across from Great Oaks CC off Livernois between Tienken and Walton. Still think of the area as "home."
    I won't mention the age thing.... I know how you feel...lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting