Weird TPMS activity
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Weird TPMS activity in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Today my passenger rear started indicating the tire pressure was increasing slowly. later increased to the point that it started ...
    gregj1006 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Weird TPMS activity

Today my passenger rear started indicating the tire pressure was increasing slowly. later increased to the point that it started flashing. passenger front seems to be losing air according to the sensor but not by feeling the tire. Even added some and it didn't go up.

anybody got any clues??????

appreciate any/all replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Weird TPMS activity

It sounds like you have a failing tire pressure sensor.

Yeah yeah when it rains it pours. My alarm doesn't work, my sunroof is messed up., between my work schedule and all the rain this last week I have not been able to get it to the "stealer" and now this. I know its not going to be cheap. only had it abt 6 weeks Love it though, waiting on rest of revshift stuff so all gets done at once.

Rock Auto (mail order) sells sensors (315 mhz) for a little over $30.00. Any tire store can install them for a few dollars. Finally, some tire stores even carry them, and most tire stores know how to program them.

Have some I bought for 03 Deville and never used will they work, I bought them used so no guarantee they worked when I got em abt 3 yrs ago. Another 50 wasted

Quote Originally Posted by gregj1006 View Post
    Have some I bought for 03 Deville and never used will they work, I bought them used so no guarantee they worked when I got em abt 3 yrs ago. Another 50 wasted
    They should - the sensors for the 03 Deville are also 315 mhz. (According to the Rock Auto listings.)

Any way other than installing to find out if they work? I think I read somewhere their lifespan is abt 10 yrs.

It is my understanding that you test the batteries before installation by seeing if they will respond the the programming sequence, but you cannot verify the accuracy of the tire pressure sensing ability without mounting them. I would drop by a tire store or even a dealer and ask - I have had both help me with TPMS issues for no charge. (And yes, the life expectancy is 10 years.)

Thanks

----------

More rain here, hope to get car in this week, covered now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.