Pilot Super Sport autox PSI?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pilot Super Sport autox PSI? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Got my PSS's mounted last week and tomorrow is my first autox with them. Anyone have any suggestions for cold ...
    Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Pilot Super Sport autox PSI?

Got my PSS's mounted last week and tomorrow is my first autox with them.

Anyone have any suggestions for cold or hot PSI that you've ran them at?

Stock power/stock suspension. 66F and rainy tomorrow.

I'm thinking 38psi cold in the morning and see where they go from there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Pilot Super Sport autox PSI?

I don't know about the best pressure, but I put PSS's on my other car, and they were super greasy for the first few hundred miles. If you just put them on last week you'll probably want to get some miles on before you expect really good grip.

Hadn't crossed my mind. I've heard that about tires before.

brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

If you live in madison you must be going to the event up at 151? If my wife wasn't on call I'd be up there too. good luck

I got nothing on those tires LOL the first miles are a little greasy on any tire but I have not had it go more then the first couple drives. Do a few cool over leaf pulls by the interstate and a few hard left handers to scrub them in and you should be fine.

Not Madison. We had an event up in Eau Clarie.

Tires worked well at 35psi on my first run in the semi dry (40.7secs). Then it started raining again and I couldn't beat that time. Ended up doing a 41.025secs in the rain which I was pretty happy with. (Launched in 2nd, ran in 3rd)

Did the last run at 30psi in the rain and they felt like they had a bit more wet grip. Probably should have been running them lower.

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

I run mine at 30-32psi cold pressure daily driving. The last time I tracked it they were at 31psi cold and warmed up to 35-36psi on the gauge cluster. My tire wear was in line with the sidewall tread indicators (mini michelin man). Right where it should be. If you are going past the sidewall tread indicators then you should fill them up 1psi at a time until you hit the sweet spot.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Pretty sure I had mine @ 35 to start cold, but that was on a road course (NJMP-Thunderbolt).
    They were wearing well based on the little Michelin Man on the sidewall. Up to temp I want to say they were hitting 42 after the session as I remember the TPMS chime coming on...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.