2 concerning events in a 5 minute drive
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By trhs75
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2 concerning events in a 5 minute drive in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; All is fine and dandy on my drive to Arby's on my lunch break. About a 5 minute drive from ...
    ImEpayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

2 concerning events in a 5 minute drive

All is fine and dandy on my drive to Arby's on my lunch break. About a 5 minute drive from my place of work. After it get my food and get back in my V i start her up... There is SEVERE knocking for half a second to a second and then it goes away. I listen carefully and drive different ways to try and make it knock again. doesn't do it. THEN almost back to work at a stop light. The light turns green and as I start off it kicks me out of first gear with an array of grinding. Doesn't do it again at any of the following stops.

2006 with 80k. I am hoping the popping out of gear is curable with revshift MM and tranny mount. which will be in order very soon if it acts up again. But the knocking... It's not low on oil... but it does consume probably 1 qt every month and a half or so. Also I'm pretty sure my harmonic balancer is bad. (vibrates according to rpm usually in 5th gear aroung 60 mph) Is it possible a pretty bad pulley could slop around or was this internal.

I do have a pretty solid extended warranty.

Any insight?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

Re: 2 concerning events in a 5 minute drive

blow the bitch up and get the warranty to cover it.

my guess? you have a collapsing/collapsed lifter that pumps back up and works after a bit.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

See attached.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

The knocking on startup sounds like a dual mass clutch with sticking weights. The slipping out of gear, not sure...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ImEpayne View Post
    All is fine and dandy on my drive to Arby's on my lunch break. About a 5 minute drive from my place of work. After it get my food and get back in my V i start her up... There is SEVERE knocking for half a second to a second and then it goes away. I listen carefully and drive different ways to try and make it knock again. doesn't do it. THEN almost back to work at a stop light. The light turns green and as I start off it kicks me out of first gear with an array of grinding. Doesn't do it again at any of the following stops.

2006 with 80k. I am hoping the popping out of gear is curable with revshift MM and tranny mount. which will be in order very soon if it acts up again. But the knocking... It's not low on oil... but it does consume probably 1 qt every month and a half or so. Also I'm pretty sure my harmonic balancer is bad. (vibrates according to rpm usually in 5th gear aroung 60 mph) Is it possible a pretty bad pulley could slop around or was this internal.

I do have a pretty solid extended warranty.

Any insight?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Hello ImEpayne,

Have you experienced the knocking concern again? Please keep us updated! I would like to offer you my assistance in working with the dealership if you are willing to take it in. If it happens again and you would like to see if the dealership would be able to diagnose the concern, please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

trhs75 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

You know, mine has popped out of first gear occasionally in each of two trannies. Keep in mind I've been driving a stick for over forty years and I've never had a problem with this, but I have noticed that occasionally I don't get it completely into first gear at a stoplight, and that's when this occasionally happens. I can't believe I'm missing the gear by not placing the shifter correctly, but that's what happens. Sometimes it's quite a bang when the shift lever pops out of gear and into neutral. I know you won't believe you're doing this -- I didn't believe I was doing it either!!
    ImEpayne and ImEpayne like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.