Close calls... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Close calls... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by 253ctsv I decided to drift a hill in the rain on the way back from getting pizza ...
    H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    I decided to drift a hill in the rain on the way back from getting pizza with a girl I had known maybe a month. Made it about 30 ft. Let me tell ya horrible idea. Had to get my friend to come down n winch me out of the ditch. No damage to the car but the girl I was with refers to it as a near death experience. I've since decided I have 0 interest in trying to drift.
    I can only imagine a hot pizza flying out the girls hands and all over your Vs interior. Hopefully this didn't happen.

And I agree if you need a winch or a tow truck that's more than just a close call. I'm glad your V came out undamaged tho.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V

I can only imagine a hot pizza flying out the girls hands and all over your Vs interior. Hopefully this didn't happen.

And I agree if you need a winch or a tow truck that's more than just a close call. I'm glad your V came out undamaged tho.
    No pizza or anything.

Ok fine. Got my car last day of June last year. 4th of July at about 1am had to move it so some people could leave. Feeling all patriotic and such I wanted to lay some rubber before I pet her away (MURRICA). So I got a little in front of the neighbors house. Then I decided I'd lite em up goin around the corner too (I live on the corner). Longer story shorter I came around sideways and steered out of it no shit about an inch from the mailbox. My roommate (who wasn't drinking) thought I hit it. That was my first and the least of 3 embarrassing moments I had in this car. The drifting pizza incident being #2

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Close calls...

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    405? Are you in southern California? The 405 and 5 interchange is a death dance for sure.
    That interchange (405 /101) was voted worst in the state if not country.

Downtown is nuts, and tough luck if you miss your exit.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post

When I used to live in Carlsbad and my buddy lived in Irvine I would drive up there... No joke people would just cut off 5 lanes of traffic to make it to the 405 change... I almost got put in a wall buy one guy doing that... Scared the shit out of me

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals

Ive heard LA has some crazy interchanges, i remember a car magazine that listed the top 10 most dangerous interchanges/bottlenecks in the country and H-town had three on the list and I think LA had Even more.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv

No pizza or anything.

Ok fine. Got my car last day of June last year. 4th of July at about 1am had to move it so some people could leave. Feeling all patriotic and such I wanted to lay some rubber before I pet her away (MURRICA). So I got a little in front of the neighbors house. Then I decided I'd lite em up goin around the corner too (I live on the corner). Longer story shorter I came around sideways and steered out of it no shit about an inch from the mailbox. My roommate (who wasn't drinking) thought I hit it. That was my first and the least of 3 embarrassing moments I had in this car. The drifting pizza incident being #2
    Haha... Now that's a close call.

And a lil alcohol may or may not have been involved in my lil scare... But it was 11:30 and I really needed to get to the store before midnight.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv

No pizza or anything.

What's #1

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Close calls...

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post

It is the worst.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0931285.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.