How To Burnout for Dummies? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How To Burnout for Dummies? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Do you think it's possible you may have damaged something when you hopped the run before?...
    robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

Re: How To Burnout for Dummies?

Do you think it's possible you may have damaged something when you hopped the run before?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Of course it could. But I suffered catastrophic metal failure. The casing split in two. Maybe the hop started the damage. But excessive wheelspin with backing off the throttle ended it...

PJGross is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Even with my '96 Impala SS that I used to bracket race with quite a bit, I always drove around the waterbox. Gave it a quick brake-torque for a second to clean off the tires, then up to staging.
    There's plenty of VHT around to give street tires more traction off the line. I can't imagine a need to light them up before staging.
    If you really want to use the water box, drive around, then back into it so your front tires don't track water.

This is a weird thread, though. Going from how to do a burnout to how to do a burnout at the track are significantly different questions. I like my stock V rear diff way too much to do burnouts on the street or try to get decent 60' times at the track (without a burnout). I would go 8.8" or 9" long before getting "serious" at the dragstrip.

-PJ

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I usually dump the clutch at 4500. But it seems to me the tires start to grip and the engine starts to bog and as this happens I let off the brake. I assume if I had the power to keep the rpms up that's when I'd blow the rear end.

gruvent is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Agree. no track burnouts for stock setups. To sticky.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    I think your missing the point here. Sure there's a dozen different ways todo a good burnout.

We're saying its improper to abuse your V like that just to make a lil noise and some tire smoke.

The proper way todo a burnout would be in a cheaper older car that you can beat the shit out of. ( if a cts-v fits into that(cheaper older car) category then more power to you).
    Not if you were tracking the V on the strip. I'm not saying a giant smoking burnout is necessary, but at least heating them up in a small burnout helps get crap off the tires and warms up for grip.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvent View Post
    Awl crap. I missed the point? I should pay more attention. I thought the OP ask for help with burnouts in a cts-v. Not if he should do them or not.
    LOL Everyone dictates what everyone else should do with their own crap here.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    You forgot the water box............
    You're right. OP, Just roll in it a bit to wet the tires in reverse, but roll out the box and start the burnout and then keep going forward... otherwise you're gonna splash water all inside the wheel well, OP. LOL

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    I usually do a quick dump to get a few rotations out. Never through or in the water. There is really no need.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Second gear is more fun

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.