cts suspension chassis same as cts-v suspension control arms, tie rods ect
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, cts suspension chassis same as cts-v suspension control arms, tie rods ect in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ok i crashed the car into a curb and i need to replace the upper and lower control arms front ...
    mike6466 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts v

cts suspension chassis same as cts-v suspension control arms, tie rods ect

ok i crashed the car into a curb and i need to replace the upper and lower control arms front and rear left side. also tie rods and cradel for motor. also swaybar and tie rods.. my question is as i look on ebay and stuff, are the cts control arms the same as cts-v? also with other parts. just a genreal question for all suspension so i know that i can buy one from a cts model and fit it on the ctsv model. id like some input on this as im in bit of rish to get parts to the shop. the shop wants charge way to much for parts when i can find them cheaper through here or ebay or elsewhere. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: cts suspension chassis same as cts-v suspension control arms, tie rods ect

See attached, for some of your questions.

I use the GMPartsDirect data base as well as the Rock Auto lookup to identify parts and differences.

Thank you very much. I take those are dealer prices

im really just trying to find out if the 03-07 cts and 04-07 cts v front control arms upper and lower and rear ones are interchangable. im looking all over on ebay and cts that are being parted out and im wondering if i have to only get the ctsv parts. now i know some stuff i have to get ctsv parts but some stuff gotta be the same right? please help

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by mike6466 View Post
    im really just trying to find out if the 03-07 cts and 04-07 cts v front control arms upper and lower and rear ones are interchangable. im looking all over on ebay and cts that are being parted out and im wondering if i have to only get the ctsv parts. now i know some stuff i have to get ctsv parts but some stuff gotta be the same right? please help
    Based on the PDF provided: (1) the front UPPER control arms are the same for both the CTS and the CTS-V because they have the same part number; (2) the front LOWER control arms are NOT the same for the CTS and the CTS-V because they each have their own part number; and (3) the REAR UPPER & LOWER control arms are the same for the CTS and the CTS-V because they have the same part number.

Before I spent a lot of money on any non-returnable parts, I would cross check this either with a GM parts vendor or one of the GM Parts data bases online. On the GMPartsDirect data base http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog...TOKEN=48422024, if you go through the parts ordering process all the way to checkout, but not actually checking out, it will even give you a part number.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

I have the rear control arms if needed...
    2005 cadillac cts-v racecar #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Darkman you are the best!!! Thanks a million.

Junior1. I will be needing them. Send me an email mikecobra_1@yahoo.com

I'm still looking for front bumper and left fog light. Also the left fender. Black please!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.