Another wheel hop thread
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Another wheel hop thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Ok I have read what I found I understand why I have this condition, it is also unbearable. 3rd gear ...
    seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Another wheel hop thread

Ok I have read what I found I understand why I have this condition, it is also unbearable. 3rd gear in the rain getting on the highway I almost chipped a tooth.

My question is can we still go to the dealer and have them put in the stiffer bushings as the tsb says if we are out of warranty? Has anyone tried this? Or do we have to bite the bullet and buy aftermarket ones?

I don't mind doing things myself but if I could get a recall fix done for free ill take that any day.

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Another wheel hop thread

The GM bushing in TSB was a failure - it did not reduce wheel hop and introduced significant noise. Many, perhaps most, who tried them ultimately took them out.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Get the revshift poly cradle bushings. Many have reported they are a near total cure for hop.

I have read this however I wish to know if anyone has recently gone to gm for the tsb fix? Last posts about it were several years ago. Free stiffer bushings would be nice. Happy to upgrade other things later if necessary.

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v
    Iirc the tsb was for the 4/05s only by 2006 gm put different diff bushings
    When I had my 07 in the dealer there was no wheel hop tsb on the 07
    Go with axles and cradle bushings , the 2 will elimate 95 percent of your hop

I went with Hendrix axles first and they elimated 50-70 percent of the hop
    I since then have purchased cradle bushings from revshift

It won't hurt to ask a dealer, but I don't think the installation of GM bushings, assuming the parts are still available will be "free." It is a Technical Service Bulletin, not a NHTSA recall. A TSB tells the dealer how to respond to (make repairs for) a specific customer complaint but it is not a mandatory fix.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    It won't hurt to ask a dealer, but I don't think the installation of GM bushings, assuming the parts are still available will be "free." It is a Technical Service Bulletin, not a NHTSA recall. A TSB tells the dealer how to respond to (make repairs for) a specific customer complaint but it is not a mandatory fix.
    Ok thanks. I figured as much but I may call a few dealers anyways. If a phone call saves me $300 and a day or two it's worth trying. Too bad it wasn't a recall!

Quote Originally Posted by seeyouinajif View Post
    Ok thanks. I figured as much but I may call a few dealers anyways. If a phone call saves me $300 and a day or two it's worth trying. Too bad it wasn't a recall!
    See attached.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have read this however I wish to know if anyone has recently gone to gm for the tsb fix? Last posts about it were several years ago. Free stiffer bushings would be nice.
    No, this is old information and faulty logic. Listen to darkman. He is one of the main experts on this forum and knows this car better than almost anyone else.

----------

It doesn't matter. The GM TSB fix doesn't work. The revshift cradle bushings work. Do that instead. Honestly, are you even reading what people are writing to you?

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    See attached.
    Yeah I read that which led me to start this thread. Apparently I value aggressive driving ha. I'm wondering when was the last time someone got this done for free.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Just. Forget. It.

We're telling you they're garbage, why do you insist?

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    No, this is old information and faulty logic. Listen to darkman. He is one of the main experts on this forum and knows this car better than almost anyone else.

----------

It doesn't matter. The GM TSB fix doesn't work. The revshift cradle bushings work. Do that instead. Honestly, are you even reading what people are writing to you?
    I was reading what people were saying, doing this on my iPad and missed dark mans original reply just saw yours. Other threads said 75% cure, read about noise but not anyone removing the fix. Not my first car or forum. . . But my first iPad.

Thanks for the info guys.

PJGross is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Wheel hop in this car is better than traction control and stability control combined. It will keep you from doing anything stupid in the rain in 3rd gear. My stock '05 diff has survived 80k maggied miles and counting and I get equal mileage from my front and rear staggered width tires.....
    ..... I love wheel hop! Keeps me from doing stupid things in 3rd on dry pavement.

If you want to light up the tires put in an 8.8 or 9" or buy a different car. My '96 Impala SS was the king of burnouts, powerslides, drifts........ it's a good thing I got those out of my system. 2 sets of rear tires to each set of fronts was getting old.
    -PJ

odthetruth is offline Moderator

Seems to be a combination of a few things. I have the BMR AWK (cradle crushers and bar) and the CS diff block with CS bushing on Pirelli P Zero Nero all seasons, 275 40 18s.

LOL but seriously... From what I've seen, seems it varies based on tire, suspension setup, and driver. Some don't seem to ever encounter it. Some seem to always encounter it even at odd times.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Here's another it's-a-waste-of-time comment: GM cradle bushings were not effective. As free as they were, they were a waste of time.

My Spectre Werks cradle bushings plus the Hendrix/DSS axles have been 99+% effective in eliminating WH. Get the current equivalents of these (Revshift and Gforce), and (to quote Naf) call it a day.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.