Another wheel hop thread - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Another wheel hop thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by odthetruth Seems to be a combination of a few things. I have the BMR AWK (cradle crushers ...
    seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Another wheel hop thread

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    Seems to be a combination of a few things. I have the BMR AWK (cradle crushers and bar) and the CS diff block with CS bushing on Pirelli P Zero Nero all seasons, 275 40 18s.

LOL but seriously... From what I've seen, seems it varies based on tire, suspension setup, and driver. Some don't seem to ever encounter it. Some seem to always encounter it even at odd times.
    I'm sure my cheap tires are no help at all, when I got the car it had mismatched tires. I'll keep them till I get snows for the winter then I plan to upgrade for next summer. Add that stock suspension with 95k on it (not sure if shocks are original) and I bounce a little. Not when I slide sideways but when I go hard 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift dry or if I try to drive the car in the rain it hops.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Here's another it's-a-waste-of-time comment: GM cradle bushings were not effective. As free as they were, they were a waste of time.

My Spectre Werks cradle bushings plus the Hendrix/DSS axles have been 99+% effective in eliminating WH. Get the current equivalents of these (Revshift and Gforce), and (to quote Naf) call it a day.
    Sounds like a plan, that will be my project later in the summer.

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

Just get the GM replacements done for free, that makes a ton of sense.

I have gforce axles, and revshift cradle bushings, and I don't hop whatsoever.

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

My wheelhop was so bad I bought the BMR AWK kit. When I was installing it I found that I already had the GM TSB inserts in there. They are completely useless and a giant waste of time..oh and they squeak and creak going over any kind of bump. The BMR kit got rid of 25% of the hop. I ended up getting Gforce axles which got rid of another 50% of the hop. I ditched the BMR kit and put in Revshift cradle bushings and trailing arm bushings and my hop is completely gone on Dry pavement.

I'd recommend Gforce axles and Revshift cradle bushings.

Alright I'm convinced, that will be my course of action.

On another note has anyone found a way to set the traction and stability control to always off unless you turn it on? I find it a little annoying to turn these off whenever I want to "drive" the car (which is most trips). I'd rather have to turn that stuff on when I want it (10% of the time).

Before we get off track no I'm not always driving like a nut, just don't like the little issues when this stuff tries to drive the car for me, i.e. accelerating on a ramp and go over an expansion joint and TC comes on and cuts power for a second- not necessary.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Quote Originally Posted by seeyouinajif View Post
    Alright I'm convinced, that will be my course of action.

On another note has anyone found a way to set the traction and stability control to always off unless you turn it on? I find it a little annoying to turn these off whenever I want to "drive" the car (which is most trips). I'd rather have to turn that stuff on when I want it (10% of the time).

Before we get off track no I'm not always driving like a nut, just don't like the little issues when this stuff tries to drive the car for me, i.e. accelerating on a ramp and go over an expansion joint and TC comes on and cuts power for a second- not necessary.
    I haven't heard of anyone being able to change the default traction control setting. I'd love to have Competitive driving mode as the default.

Would be awesome if a three position switch could be used to set the mode instead of the button on the steering wheel.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Guys in V2 also complain about not being able to be in sport mode upon startup. No one has made any fix.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Still have 2 sets of the delrin cradle bushings that are based off of the Specter Werkes left if needed...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Guys in V2 also complain about not being able to be in sport mode upon startup. No one has made any fix.
    Unfortunately it is a legal/government requirement to have full Electronic stability control and traction control upon vehicle startup on passenger cars. Generally the only exception is vehicles equipped with a 4 wheel drive system that has a low range transfer case.

Too bad, would have been nice. I played a little in the rain at work today, no wheel hop when I'm sideways which is nice. Based on how slippery it is in the rain I am not looking forward to driving to work in the snow. Definitely getting snows in the winter.

gruvent is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by barrok69
    My wheelhop was so bad I bought the BMR AWK kit. When I was installing it I found that I already had the GM TSB inserts in there. They are completely useless and a giant waste of time..oh and they squeak and creak going over any kind of bump. The BMR kit got rid of 25% of the hop. I ended up getting Gforce axles which got rid of another 50% of the hop. I ditched the BMR kit and put in Revshift cradle bushings and trailing arm bushings and my hop is completely gone on Dry pavement.

I'd recommend Gforce axles and Revshift cradle bushings.
    Can you post a link to these two products? I'm also interested in fixing my wheel hop.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You won't get hop when sideways and drifting. Each tire is spinning at different revolutions.

VscharesV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    I see alot of people saying axles fixed 50% or so then with revshift bushing its completely fixed. Has anybody done cradle bushing without axles? Maybe the cradle bushings are a 98% fix by them selfs and the axles are not needed.

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Quote Originally Posted by VscharesV View Post
    I see alot of people saying axles fixed 50% or so then with revshift bushing its completely fixed. Has anybody done cradle bushing without axles? Maybe the cradle bushings are a 98% fix by them selfs and the axles are not needed.
    I'll be testing this soon enough. My car was in the shop recently (long story) and needs new diff bushing and upper control arm bushings. I figured as long as I'm in there might as well do the whole Revshift set so I ordered trailing arm and cradle bushings as well. I'll report on the change whenever they show up.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by VscharesV
    My car is in the shop right now getting all revshift bushings. Should have an answer this weekend or nexy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.