Rear Diff???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rear Diff??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Have an 05 cts-v. Have the clunk and have ordered all revshift has for us. Wondering if I should replace ...
    gregj1006 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Rear Diff???

Have an 05 cts-v. Have the clunk and have ordered all revshift has for us. Wondering if I should replace rear diff while the revshift stuff is going in and if so will this one work for my car? Will the PCM programming be necessary?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-CADILLA...86b9ff&vxp=mtr

Appreciate any/all replies

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Rear Diff???

I don't know if it will fit or not. I would check the part number with a GM parts person. Assuming it will fit, I think the only reprograming would be for the speedometer/odometer. I also suspect, but do not know for sure, that any shop with a GM Tech II Scanner can reset the final drive ratio. Finally, it may be inherently nosier assuming the 3.91 ratio is achieved using 43-tooth ring with an 11-tooth pinion gear. (Our 3.73 has 41-tooth ring with an 11-tooth pinion.)

QwkRhino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Yes it would fit, but you would have to change the pinion flange to part #19179934 and cut off about a inch off the tip of the pinion in front of the diff. Easy to do. I just went this route keeping the 3.73 Ratio and getting a brand new diff from a SRX that would be as strong as a 3rd gen diff in the V and you would have to do the same mods I mentioned above. This seller took my offer for $480 for a brand new one. Check it out. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251221874036...84.m1439.l2649. PART # 19178781
    Make sure you get the G80 option for limited slip and Gt4 option for 3.73. Good luck.

ls6junkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

QwkRhino, That is some great information. Do you have a picture or better way to explain the inch of material we have to cut off? Also what is the process for changing the pinon flange, I assume it is all accessible outside of the diff, I.E. we don't have to split the case, correct?

ls6junkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Interesting posts Darkman. Perhaps it's that I'm such a visual learner but I still am un-clear on what exactly needs to be cut off to get these SRX rear ends to work in the V's.

Quote Originally Posted by ls6junkie View Post
    Interesting posts Darkman. Perhaps it's that I'm such a visual learner but I still am un-clear on what exactly needs to be cut off to get these SRX rear ends to work in the V's.
    I have not looked at one, but I gather that it becomes obvious once you have one in hand together with the drive shaft you are trying to attach to it.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.