Which clutch for daily driving ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By HAMSTAR
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Which clutch for daily driving ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Trans is probably coming down soon for a reverse issue. Thinking about having the clutch done too while its down. ...
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Which clutch for daily driving ?

Trans is probably coming down soon for a reverse issue. Thinking about having the clutch done too while its down. What are the pros / cons of a Monster Single Disc Stage 2 vs the Twin Disc Stage 1, and also considering the LS7 setup ? Is the Monster Twin disc more similar to the stock setup ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Which clutch for daily driving ?

The LS7 is proven and budget-friendly. In plan to go with that when my clutch takes a crap, which may never happen. I think my factory clutch is made of adamantium and asbestos.

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

My only concern with going to an LS7 clutch is that I've read of reports of low pedal engagement that never comes back to "stock" height. Anybody have any more info on this?

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Quote Originally Posted by barrok69 View Post
    My only concern with going to an LS7 clutch is that I've read of reports of low pedal engagement that never comes back to "stock" height. Anybody have any more info on this?
    I've seen a couple posts from "fuzzylogic" that seem to suggest that the low pedal engagement can be caused by over-torquing during install. I'd contact him and see what he suggests.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

much of it was discussed here and with links to past threads:
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...used-read.html

slothV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have the LS7 setup (clutch, fw, and slave) and can't tell the different to stock from a driveability standpoint. Pedal feel and engagement are the same IMO.

digitalbow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Supercharged (453rwhp), 2005 CTS-V (391rwhp)

LS7 FTW, particularly if you live in a place with a lot of stop-and-go.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Can't compare to the LS7, but the Monster Stage 2 single disc is great for me so far. Perfect engagement, stock feel, but grabs much better! I went with the aluminum flywheel and it is night and day difference from that stock dual-mass POS!

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Didn't a bunch of guys Gerry the McLeod clutch? I want to know how those worked out and what they think of the clutch. I've heard petty good stuff about McLeod clutches so hopefully they come in to confirm or deny if they are any good

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by slothV View Post
    I have the LS7 setup (clutch, fw, and slave) and can't tell the different to stock from a driveability standpoint. Pedal feel and engagement are the same IMO.
    Did you go with the stock LS7 flywheel? The car really doesn't rev any more freely?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by slothV View Post
    Did you go with the stock LS7 flywheel? The car really doesn't rev any more freely?

fej
    fej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
    I just put the stock LS7 clutch assembly in my 07 and it absolutely revs quicker and feels a little more responsive. Shifts a little cleaner IMO as well, but I need Pisnuoff's shifter next. Lot less misc. drivetrain noise from the engine as well, 20 or so less pounds spinning around.

Fej

Whit151 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I've had the LS7 clutch/fly/slave for a little over a year with very little problems. I've actually had better gas mileage since install.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX
    Didn't a bunch of guys Gerry the McLeod clutch? I want to know how those worked out and what they think of the clutch. I've heard petty good stuff about McLeod clutches so hopefully they come in to confirm or deny if they are any good
    I was one if them. Had a bit if a delay getting it all put together. Should be back from the shop with new exhaust n headers too next weekend. Otherwise basically stock. Then ill need a tune before I get on it too much. But ill let u know

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.