04 CTS-V with codes!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 04 CTS-V with codes!!!!!!!!!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; See attached. The P0352 points to an ignition-related fault on cylinder number 2 - faulty wiring, faulty ignition coil, or ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: 04 CTS-V with codes!!!!!!!!!!!!

See attached.

The P0352 points to an ignition-related fault on cylinder number 2 - faulty wiring, faulty ignition coil, or a fault in the PCM. After rechecking the wiring and the spark plug, I would try moving the No. 2 coil to another location to see if the misfire follows that coil - if it does the coil is the problem.

av8erdunn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    See attached.

The P0352 points to an ignition-related fault on cylinder number 2 - faulty wiring, faulty ignition coil, or a fault in the PCM. After rechecking the wiring and the spark plug, I would try moving the No. 2 coil to another location to see if the misfire follows that coil - if it does the coil is the problem.
    It turns out it was a bad plug. I changed it and she runs fine now. That being said, the engine has a slight tick sounding like it comes from the cam when a stethoscope is used. Could the lifter have been damaged while the spring was broken and allowing the lifter to float? Wondering if I ought to go ahead and replace the lifters also.

Is this a high mileage motor?

Its got 119k.

I doubt that the valve spring event damaged the lifter because you report no damage to the top of the piston. These motors make noises that are particularly noticeable with the engine cover off. It is possible though that the lifter is damaged, or perhaps rotated such that the roller did not stay parallel with cam lobe. If there is damage of that kind there will usually be metal in the oil.

With 119k miles on the motor, if you want to make sure the motor is reliable you should consider pulling the heads and letting a machine shop do a valve job, with all new springs (assuming you have not done that already). Assuming the cam is undamaged, you could throw in a fresh set of LS7 lifters (GMs standard replacement for these motors now) and put it back together. The bottom end on these motors can last up to 250k miles and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I doubt that the valve spring event damaged the lifter because you report no damage to the top of the piston. These motors make noises that are particularly noticeable with the engine cover off. It is possible though that the lifter is damaged, or perhaps rotated such that the roller did not stay parallel with cam lobe. If there is damage of that kind there will usually be metal in the oil.

With 119k miles on the motor, if you want to make sure the motor is reliable you should consider pulling the heads and letting a machine shop do a valve job, with all new springs (assuming you have not done that already). Assuming the cam is undamaged, you could throw in a fresh set of LS7 lifters (GMs standard replacement for these motors now) and put it back together. The bottom end on these motors can last up to 250k miles and beyond.
    I already replaced all of the springs so that's one less thing they would have to do. Once I pull the heads will that give me a good view of the cam to see if its OK? I will change the oil tomorrow to see if there is any metal in the oil. Thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by av8erdunn View Post
    I already replaced all of the springs so that's one less thing they would have to do. Once I pull the heads will that give me a good view of the cam to see if its OK? I will change the oil tomorrow to see if there is any metal in the oil. Thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it.
    With the headers off, you will be able to pull out the plastic lifter trays and see the cam. The condition of the lifter rollers will also tell you whether lobe damage has occurred.

And the saga continues......... today on the way to work I threw another code. PO113 IAT sensor 1 circuit. It also seems to have a slight miss while idling. Nothing too bad just a slight miss. Which is circuit 1? I am going to eventually get this thing code free.........at least I hope I do!!!!!!!

This code basically indicates bad/loose wiring to the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor; bad grounding of the IAT; a defective IAT; or a defective PCM.

See attached.

Pin was bent in the maf. Fingers are crossed that I will be code free in the morning. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.