Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bad Trans Mount? Pics

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  jonathan2169 
#1 ·
Was asked to post pics on my trans mount to get some opinions if it was bad and I needed to replace with Revshift support mount. I crawled under the car and snapped a few pics, if need more let me know. Trying to solve this rough shifting problem and nearly impossible to reverse.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I suppose you could try the Revshift block first, cause then if it doesn't look right you still gotta get that one out of there, in which removing the insert would be easy when the mount is off the car.

Your mount is pretty bad, but for cost reasons no reason not to try the Revshift first.

#21 ·
Why buy a new mount and a RS insert? Why not just buy the CS mount?

----------

Just went and looked at the pictures again...... I'd fix the leak that saturated the mount in oil and buy a CS mount. The rubber on your mount is so bad installing a RS insert will fix only part of the issue

#22 ·
My 2 cents - just installed the Revshift trans mount insert on Sunday and the difference was immediate. I had limited clearance under jack stands and a jack under the trans and got it done in less than 20min including jacking. Looks like it will not fit and then surprises u when it does. I wish I could say I have this issue often. LOL

Use the grease; made it pretty easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.