Shifter dilemma
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By darkman
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Shifter dilemma in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Ok, my 05 V needs a new shifter... like the pivot ball is all messed up and the rubber that ...
    Sublime69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Shifter dilemma

Ok, my 05 V needs a new shifter... like the pivot ball is all messed up and the rubber that holds the shifter up is ripped. The shifter rubs the driveshaft because it is falling.

Now, i need to fix this asap. I also might be selling the car because i just bought a new house so i dont want to spend a ton of money. Should i look for a used stock shifter? Get an aftermaket one? If i get an aftermarket one will that resolve my problem? Any input would be great.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Shifter dilemma

You need look no further than here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...process-6.html

I have been in contact with him about this. The problem is, my shifter is no good as a core. So its going to cost me $300 for the shifter. I am probably going to be selling the car, so is there a cheaper option? If there isnt, i will just have to bite the bullet.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Sorry, that is a tough one. I don't know of a cheaper alternative but, I have not searched. As you know, a new shifter may not add $300 to resale value, but a car that does not shift right can certainly reduce the resale value since the buyer will have to assume transmission and/clutch issues may be involved.
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

you might try ebay - thought someone mentioned there were stock ones for sale on there...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

$300 is still cheaper than getting a new stock shifter ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

gregj1006 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

PISNUOFF Guest

That Ralco one doesn't have the pieces he needs. Like we discussed, send me all the the pieces and I'll see what I can do. I'm 99% sure I can hook you up.

Brian

Thanks Brian! I will send it out this weekend!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.