Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Shifter dilemma

897 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Sublime69 
#1 ·
Ok, my 05 V needs a new shifter... like the pivot ball is all messed up and the rubber that holds the shifter up is ripped. The shifter rubs the driveshaft because it is falling.

Now, i need to fix this asap. I also might be selling the car because i just bought a new house so i dont want to spend a ton of money. Should i look for a used stock shifter? Get an aftermaket one? If i get an aftermarket one will that resolve my problem? Any input would be great.

Thanks

#3 ·
I have been in contact with him about this. The problem is, my shifter is no good as a core. So its going to cost me $300 for the shifter. I am probably going to be selling the car, so is there a cheaper option? If there isnt, i will just have to bite the bullet.

#4 ·
Sorry, that is a tough one. I don't know of a cheaper alternative but, I have not searched. As you know, a new shifter may not add $300 to resale value, but a car that does not shift right can certainly reduce the resale value since the buyer will have to assume transmission and/clutch issues may be involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.