Noob Linkage Advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Noob Linkage Advice in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Enjoying most of my new 2004 (80K), dark green metallic, catback, nice drilled/slotted rotors, K&N, a few other things: B.jpg ...
    JGeezer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 V (B&M, muffler delete), 2003 Corvette

Noob Linkage Advice

Enjoying most of my new 2004 (80K), dark green metallic, catback, nice drilled/slotted rotors, K&N, a few other things:

B.jpg

It came with a short shift kit of unknown origin, and I've been very unhappy with the vague feel, hard to be confident of the 3rd-5th or the 4th-6th gate, so I got under there. Found some funky stuff:

Linkage1.jpg

Linkage2.jpg

I'm not sure what the heck those bushings are supposed to look like, but it sure can't be like that.

Any easy way to identify what kit this is, and what I need to sort it out?

Thanks!

JGeezer

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: Noob Linkage Advice

That's easy. Those are the stock shifter bushings, and yeah, they're not supposed to do that. You can buy replacement bushings from Creative Steel or I believe Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac (UUC). Either way, they don't last forever. My UUC bushings went bad after 3 years. Here's to hoping that Revshift makes a set in 95A poly.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    That's easy. Those are the stock shifter bushings, and yeah, they're not supposed to do that. You can buy replacement bushings from Creative Steel or I believe Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac (UUC). Either way, they don't last forever. My UUC bushings went bad after 3 years. Here's to hoping that Revshift makes a set in 95A poly.
    Oh man. I haven't even blown through my set of UUC polyurethane shifter bushings.

The rounded bottom of the shifter stalk looks like a B&M.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Oh man. I haven't even blown through my set of UUC polyurethane shifter bushings.

The rounded bottom of the shifter stalk looks like a B&M.
    Yeah, mine look much, much worse than his. I'll try to remember to take pictures this weekend when I do the McLeod RXT installation and other linkage mods.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Yeah, mine look much, much worse than his. I'll try to remember to take pictures this weekend when I do the McLeod RXT installation and other linkage mods.
    I made some outer linkage bar inserts that fit tight around the the pins and squeeze the rubber grommets if you don't want to use the Home Depot plastic bushing method. PM if interested.

Thanks to both of you guys, good info.

I have been searching for the "Home Depot" fix, and just can't find it. Can you post a link? Thanks!

JGeezer

Quote Originally Posted by JGeezer View Post
    Thanks to both of you guys, good info.

I have been searching for the "Home Depot" fix, and just can't find it. Can you post a link? Thanks!

JGeezer
    I would read this entire thread, if you have time.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...m-shifter.html

But more specifically:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/16892530-post94.html
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/16901269-post99.html

Otherwise, you can read this one, but keep in mind that the Azn2dmax linkage that I purchased doesn't work with our cars. So don't go looking for that.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eady-rock.html

A whole bunch of guys (including me) have had no problem finding the Home Depot bushings, but I'm going to see what PISNUOFF made first.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Still don't know why the old owner went for green metallic...

A problem? I have had nothing but solid black cars for many years, but this deep, dark, green is awesome.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    wut.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.