What Fuel - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What Fuel in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; To run anything less than 91 octane in a V is plain stupid... Whoever told you to run 87 because ...
    Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    To run anything less than 91 octane in a V is plain stupid... Whoever told you to run 87 because you can is an idiot... Of course you can drive it easy on 87, but what's the point?

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    I completely agree... Highest octane the gas station has is for me. I prefer either Shell or Chevron. Apparently they have higher detergent properties in the fuel or whatever. I don't know about that I just know that I seem to get slightly better fuel economy with them.

johnashleyv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: What Fuel

so found the issue guys, got it up on the lift after work and looked around. turns out it was the exhaust rattling on a brace under neath. got some exhaust wrap and wrapped it. Ive only been going off what people tell me. So only looking for adivce, not critsism. I don't know, so that's why I come here.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    Glad you found the rattle I'm sure it was annoying... Just FYI this is the Internet you will get a bag of shit with your dozen roses... Free of charge... Can't take it all personal... Just sayin

PISNUOFF Guest

Glad to hear it was just an exhaust rattle.

I think they were saying whoever told you to run 87 was an idiot. Can you run it? Yes. Is it recommended? No. You don't even save on fuel mileage because it takes more fuel to get the same power as higher octane to maintain speed or accelerate.
    mstrjon32 and mstrjon32 like this.

I know, actually work in a internet department so take everything with a grain of salt. Im glad it was exhaust rattle as well. I mean, yeah I want the engine to last but actually trying to keep it togther just for the summer cuz next winter its going to a local dyno shop hopefully if all goes as planned. I want to put a L92 aluminum Block, 4340 forged Crank and rods, custom forged pistons, plasma moly rings, valley tray, rod and main bearings in. Its a whole new setup that should proudce about 600 to the flywheel. Because I do eventually want to make it a 700hp to the wheels naturally aspirated machine. But hey, gotta start somewhere. Not clamming to know it all or anything for that matter. Just know what I want haha.

PISNUOFF Guest

700 to the wheels NA is a bit of a stretch. My NA 418 LS3 stroker put down 513 on a mustang.

its put togther by wegner motorsports here in wisconsin. Its just something ive kinda wanted to see if I can achieve and I've had places tell me it is doable. But we will see when the time comes. I may go supercharger just because that whine does sound pretty b/a. pisnuoff, are you the one with a turbo v?

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Man the compression ratio on a NA motor with 700whp and limited cubes like that is gonna be rough. Its only 6.2L so you are looking at well over 100whp/liter... Going with forced induction would be a lot easier since it would raise the volumetric efficiency of the motor. Nascars put down a lot of power with a carbed V8 but that is also really high in the rpm range. 700whp may not be very street friendly naturally aspirated. You would have to spin that thing pretty darn quick I think. Keep us posted on the build that would be pretty damn sweet.

PISNUOFF Guest

$50k, 700 rwHp on Sunoco race fuel and only lasting 500 miles.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Quote Originally Posted by johnashleyv View Post
    I know, actually work in a internet department so take everything with a grain of salt. Im glad it was exhaust rattle as well. I mean, yeah I want the engine to last but actually trying to keep it togther just for the summer cuz next winter its going to a local dyno shop hopefully if all goes as planned. I want to put a L92 aluminum Block, 4340 forged Crank and rods, custom forged pistons, plasma moly rings, valley tray, rod and main bearings in. Its a whole new setup that should proudce about 600 to the flywheel. Because I do eventually want to make it a 700hp to the wheels naturally aspirated machine. But hey, gotta start somewhere. Not clamming to know it all or anything for that matter. Just know what I want haha.
    I'll say what everyone else will think and that is to stop that dream and be realistic about a 500hp built engine that runs on street gas or go after a turbo build if you want 700hp.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    I'll say what everyone else will think and that is to stop that dream and be realistic about a 500hp built engine that runs on street gas or go after a turbo build if you want 700hp.
    ^^^^this.

My car most recently had a 418 LS3 stroker. Building something else right now.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnashleyv View Post
    Will you run that on 87 octane?

You need to hit the reset button, come here and learn...the right way...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.