I'm looking to raise the rear end...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I'm looking to raise the rear end... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; It's low because the air bags have been removed to help it launch, I'm fairly sure the springs are stock, ...
    carsaremytoys is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I'm looking to raise the rear end...

It's low because the air bags have been removed to help it launch, I'm fairly sure the springs are stock, I'll get some pics up once it's back from the shop. The exhaust is run underneath the custom subframe connectors and is 2inches from the ground. I have banged it a couple times.
    I don't know where the air bags mount or if the space has been taken by the subframe connectors, but I'm looking into coilovers. I'm thinking ground control because I have stock shocks that I can use with them.

Can the ground controls raise the car? How much? If not, what do you recommend?

I would love to level the car out, I'm hoping to raise the rear an inch or so and lower the front an inch or so, I enjoy suspension modifications...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: I'm looking to raise the rear end...

What kind of car are you talking about? There aren't any air bags in the CTS-V's suspension. And with the exhaust running down the center of the car under the driveshaft I don't see how subframe connectors could get in the way.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

No? The shop that built the connectors told me he removed them. He also sent me some pics before I Bought the car. I tried to upload them last night, but they were too large. I'll try to resize them and get them posted.
    I remember reading about an auto leveling system, I figured it was controlled by a pump and air.

----------

No? The shop that built the connectors told me he removed them. He also sent me some pics before I Bought the car. I tried to upload them last night, but they were too large. I'll try to resize them and get them posted.
    I remember reading about an auto leveling system, I figured it was controlled by a pump and air.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

This is the 2004-2007 CTS-V forum. What kind of car do you have?

05 v

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

No air bags on our cars. The shocks are self leveling. Do more research before working on the car. Not trying to sound like I'm putting you down. Just don't want you to get hurt or mess something up.

Quote Originally Posted by carsaremytoys View Post
    No? The shop that built the connectors told me he removed them.
    Either he doesn't know what he's talking about, or some previous owner made some significant / interesting modifications to the car.

He also sent me some pics before I Bought the car. I tried to upload them last night, but they were too large. I'll try to resize them and get them posted.
    I'd be interested in seeing some pics of the subframe connectors. Where do they route? I still don't understand how typical SFCs would get in the way of the normal exhaust routing.

The rear shocks are Nivomat shocks. I think this link - www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/nivomat.pdf - should have info, although I'm having trouble getting it to open here at work.

I'm fairly sure the springs are stock, I'll get some pics up once it's back from the shop. ... but I'm looking into coilovers. I'm thinking ground control because I have stock shocks that I can use with them.

Can the ground controls raise the car? How much? If not, what do you recommend?
    Before you go changing anything I would recommend figuring out what's on the car now. If the car has stock springs and shocks, then the rear shouldn't be low unless something is broken (or the springs have been cut, which takes us back to the previous owner's interesting modifications).

On a level surface, what are the ride heights at the front and rear of the car? (Measure from the center of the wheel straight up to the fender lip.)
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I used photobucket, here is a couple pics:

----------

I used photobucket, here is a couple pics:

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Is that a 9 inch diff and 3 inch pipes? This car has had some SERIOUS mods done. Take this car to the best tuner/performance shop you can find. Don't let a regular mechanic mess anything up. You may be sitting on a high-end build there.

Edit-- i don't even recognize the sub-frame.

Thanks! That's a C3 diff. with richmond 390s. The car is at Late Model Throttle in Waukesha WI. The "O" in throttle is of a GM 6spd shifter knob, They love their LSXs, I'm glad I found them. It is a big build, the guy I bought it from told me that it was the fastest 1st gen up until about a year ago, and told me to look it up on dragtimes.com, but I couldn't find it.

Oh, the car is at the shop because I had a collapsed lifter, He is taking the IAT out of the airbox and putting it into the manifold. And adding a place to fill the intercooler. And then up the boost a bit and dyno tune. It's only a Maggie 112, but I'm thinking 10-12lbs will put down 600+

----------

Here is a link to a little more about the car, like you can't find it on the first page lol, but anyways:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ped-knock.html

----------

Here is a pic of the stock shocks (along with another pair). Have the stock shocks been modified? I think when I get the car back, I'll put them in and snap a couple more pics so that you can see exactly as it sits.

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

i just blew a load in my pants, and these are fresh underwear. thanks a lot...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Thanks! That's a C3 diff. with richmond 390s. The car is at Late Model Throttle in Waukesha WI. The "O" in throttle is of a GM 6spd shifter knob, They love their LSXs, I'm glad I found them. It is a big build, the guy I bought it from told me that it was the fastest 1st gen up until about a year ago, and told me to look it up on dragtimes.com, but I couldn't find it.

Oh, the car is at the shop because I had a collapsed lifter, He is taking the IAT out of the airbox and putting it into the manifold. And adding a place to fill the intercooler. And then up the boost a bit and dyno tune. It's only a Maggie 112, but I'm thinking 10-12lbs will put down 600+

----------

Here is a link to a little more about the car, like you can't find it on the first page lol, but anyways:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ped-knock.html

----------

Here is a pic of the stock shocks (along with another pair). Have the stock shocks been modified? I think when I get the car back, I'll put them in and snap a couple more pics so that you can see exactly as it sits.
    The blue ones are QA1 shocks. The stock ones look stock except the QA1s look tiny in comparison.

So I could very well put the stock ones back in and that would raise the rear up?

Without knowing what dampers are on the car now it's hard to say what installing the stockers will do. However, it seems to me re-installing the stock bits would be the logical thing to do - that way you'd be starting from a known combination.

If you were to install an aftermarket shock with the stock springs, might that lower the car? The PO never stated the springs to have been changed, only the shocks. I'm not familiar with struts that change ride height though...

----------

And the QA1s, are they supposed to change the ride height?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.