Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone else with STS-V wheel problems?

738 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
I've brought this up in other semi-related threads but never made it's own thread. I have a 2006 V and I put the STS-V wheels on it. I cannot get the sensors to communicate. I have done the relearn process and when it beeps and tells me to release air, I do so, and nothing happens. Usually 3 out of the 4 tires read a pressure. But the pressure is not correct. As I drive it, it changes anywhere from 3 reading to 0 reading.

Is it the sensors in the sts are different or am I doing anything wrong? Just wondering if anyone has done the swap and had issues.

Here's the custom painted sts-v's

yes i know i need to get some tires with less sidewall action... or lower it...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Have you tried adding air for the relearn process rather than releasing air? It shouldn't make any difference, I'm just thinking maybe you could get a bigger, quicker pressure change (easier for the sensor to "see") by pumping up the tires.

Also, have you tried every tire? The procedure has you start with the left front, but you can actually do any of them first - they just won't appear in the display in the right locations. It may be that the other sensors are fine, but if you've only tried the LF, and then stopped each time because nothing happens, you wouldn't know the other ones were good.

A couple/few years ago I picked up a set of wheels and got 3 new sensors (for some reason I had an extra 4th sitting around the garage). The 3 new ones came from the dealership and were supposed to be the correct sensors, but they wouldn't sync up to the car. I even had the dealership try with their handheld programmer and it didn't work. They ended up swapping them out with 3 new ones that did work. Details here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.