Anyone else with STS-V wheel problems?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By 1BadCadSTS
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone else with STS-V wheel problems? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've brought this up in other semi-related threads but never made it's own thread. I have a 2006 V and ...
    ImEpayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Anyone else with STS-V wheel problems?

I've brought this up in other semi-related threads but never made it's own thread. I have a 2006 V and I put the STS-V wheels on it. I cannot get the sensors to communicate. I have done the relearn process and when it beeps and tells me to release air, I do so, and nothing happens. Usually 3 out of the 4 tires read a pressure. But the pressure is not correct. As I drive it, it changes anywhere from 3 reading to 0 reading.

Is it the sensors in the sts are different or am I doing anything wrong? Just wondering if anyone has done the swap and had issues.

Here's the custom painted sts-v's

yes i know i need to get some tires with less sidewall action... or lower it...
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    STS and CTS use different sensors.
    ImEpayne and ImEpayne like this.

ImEpayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Anyone else with STS-V wheel problems?

Lame

Thanks

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

The Rock Auto catalog indicates a number of brands for sensors. Many of the brands show the same part number for both the STS and the CTS-V as well as a common 314.9/215 MHZ specification.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Have you tried adding air for the relearn process rather than releasing air? It shouldn't make any difference, I'm just thinking maybe you could get a bigger, quicker pressure change (easier for the sensor to "see") by pumping up the tires.

Also, have you tried every tire? The procedure has you start with the left front, but you can actually do any of them first - they just won't appear in the display in the right locations. It may be that the other sensors are fine, but if you've only tried the LF, and then stopped each time because nothing happens, you wouldn't know the other ones were good.

A couple/few years ago I picked up a set of wheels and got 3 new sensors (for some reason I had an extra 4th sitting around the garage). The 3 new ones came from the dealership and were supposed to be the correct sensors, but they wouldn't sync up to the car. I even had the dealership try with their handheld programmer and it didn't work. They ended up swapping them out with 3 new ones that did work. Details here.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.