Diffs being mislabeled on ebay, going pretty cheap too.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Diffs being mislabeled on ebay, going pretty cheap too. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Here is an example of one, going cheap, that was mislabeled as a CTS diff. Someone obviously doesn't know what ...
    killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Diffs being mislabeled on ebay, going pretty cheap too.

Here is an example of one, going cheap, that was mislabeled as a CTS diff. Someone obviously doesn't know what they have.

I would pick it up myself but I've already got a spare that I got the same way for $200 (brand new, just labeled wrong on ebay). Any diff with that style front mount and that style CV flange and 3.73 gears is going to be a V diff.
    It's not a later revision differential, but it is ludicrously cheap compared to getting a new one from GM. I figured I would just give one of you lucky guys who needs a new diff a heads up

rand49er is offline All V1s should be maggied.
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2017 Volt Premier

Re: Diffs being mislabeled on ebay, going pretty cheap too.

Link?

EDIT: Didn't work before ... works fine, now.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels, plus a couple more. Mustang dyno'd at 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ.

jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V

Are you sure its a limited slip. That part number does not come back to one of the 5 CTS-V diff's.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Quote Originally Posted by jmargo View Post
    Are you sure its a limited slip. That part number does not come back to one of the 5 CTS-V diff's.
    I don't think this style came in any other vehicle but the V. The CTS had a guibo front section, the SRX has a weird driveshaft sticking out the side, and the STS-V has the same diff as the CTS-V, the solstice/sky has the front mount bolted to the side of the case, so if there is a car I'm missing that has this same style case, front mount, pinion flange, and gear ratio then it might be an open diff, but I'm pretty sure it's a CTS-V unit.

Here is another one that went for $250 a couple weeks ago. I got mine from the same seller a couple months ago, I can check mine to make sure it is limited slip before I install it this weekend.

RippyPartsDept is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

going by the part number it is for a 2004-2007 V-series

the part number is really old and superceded a bunch of times

it is quite possible that this is a Gen1 or Gen2 diff ... so just bear that in mind

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Yeah, I did a bit of research when I saw one going for $200 a while back. They appear to be one of the very very early builds. I wasn't terribly excited to spend any money on a spare if it was the weakest case design. But I guess it's possible that it is identical to the unit currently in my 04V.

trans am is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Killernoodle, I just bought this on ebay to replace my 04 cts-v diff.. Did it come with axle seals?

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.