Thinking of buying a 04 CTS-V Need some advice!1 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thinking of buying a 04 CTS-V Need some advice!1 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Let me tell you I picked up my V last week and I love it. Bought it out of Memphis ...
    cgroh89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Thinking of buying a 04 CTS-V Need some advice!1

Let me tell you I picked up my V last week and I love it. Bought it out of Memphis where I live and I was actually contemplating going to look at the one in Clarksville if it is the one I was thinking of. There is also one near Jackson TN that is magnacharged I went and looked at I bet you could get into for around 15k but it needs a harmonic Balancer and the bearings replaced on the magnacharger I am pretty sure.

Overd0s3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V blk/blk

Hey man I am selling mine if you are intersted. It is a bit more than what you were looking to spend, however, it has all the right mods to looks, performance, and addresses most of the weakest links of the car (stronger diff, shifter, diff bushing, motor mounts)
    Here is the ad:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...fications.html

One thing to keep in mind is when you look at buying a car with high miles you will surely pay less but make sure to do a full inspection and be wary of rubber parts- most if not all will be worn to dust by then if not replaced.

jeremy107 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by cgroh89 View Post
    Let me tell you I picked up my V last week and I love it. Bought it out of Memphis where I live and I was actually contemplating going to look at the one in Clarksville if it is the one I was thinking of. There is also one near Jackson TN that is magnacharged I went and looked at I bet you could get into for around 15k but it needs a harmonic Balancer and the bearings replaced on the magnacharger I am pretty sure.
    I didn't see that one in Jackson! What's the prices of the balancer and the bearing?

----------

[QUOTE=sgtdestruction;3305020]
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy107 View Post
    Roger that, pop it in and see if it works. If it does I will def grab that from you![COLOR="Silver"]

Thats what I am saying...my navigation won't read the disk. Took it in to get repaired, and was told they would have to ship the whole nav unit to NY to get fixed and it may take up to 30 days. I will take it in some other time...maybe next winter.

I have owned other cars with navigation, and never end up using it. So...the disk was good when I bought the car last year, so I can only assume it still is. It's yours for $50 if you want to test it out. Or anyone else for that matter. I can post a picture of it tomorrow.
    You're close enough near by I could just drive and test it out to make sure it works and give you cash. If that's ok with you?

----------

Found the balancer new for 100$..not so sure bout the bearings replaced sounds kinda expensive

----------

I'm talking to the guy with the one in Jackson he says has some small scratches on it and from the dino sheet might be running a bit rich but that's all as he knows needs work. Did you go and test drive it and find out it needs those parts, or did he tell you that.

I'm not sure either to cancel this deal on the black one cause as of right now I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow, or go after this silver one in Jackson.

cgroh89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Not to sure, I never had heard a magnacharger in person so maybe it is just a loud unit however I wasnt about to buy the car and dig into it to find out it was normal.

I did go drive the car and it drove well for having coil overs and some other mods. No drone to it and didn't wheel hop at all when I got on it, (unlike the stock car I just bought doh!)

Wheels had some curbrash and the headlamps could use a restore but overall it was a good car for the money, (thinking 14-15k range which is what I offered him btw) Windows,sunroof worked shifted fine etc.

I saw the balancer when I looked at it, however my car I just bought had the same wobble in it so there might be a bit of play that is normal but reading on the fourms they are a common failure point so when I saw it on the one I purchased I chalked it up to something Ill be replace anyways.

The car did pull pretty good, needs a bit of cleaning up it just wasnt the car for me

Yea messing with those chargers can get expensive as he** so I think I will steer clear. If its been soured up that much then chances are its been drove pretty hard.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy107 View Post
    Roger that, pop it in and see if it works. If it does I will def grab that from you!

----------

Thanks a lot for the welcome, yes this forum has some great members I can already tell with the help and tips I have already been told! Even better to have a few close by!
    Yes, these forums are awesome! Glad you feel the same way Jeremy107. Good luck with purchasing your V and also meeting up with fellow V members to discuss the passion for them.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello jeremy107,

Welcome to the forum! As you can see there are many members who love interacting with one another; there were already many post interactions with you and them! This forum is a great tool for getting advice. The V is an awesome way to go, especially if you like power! Please keep us updated on your vehicle purchase

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    ..."great to see you interacting with forum members, but please come get raped at your local dealer"...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cgroh89 View Post
    Awesome to hear cgroh89! That is great you are loving your V After interacting on this forum thread I can tell everyone is thrilled with their V and love it. Enjoy driving it around.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

sgtdestruction is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdestruction View Post
    You're close enough near by I could just drive and test it out to make sure it works and give you cash. If that's ok with you?
    Fine by me. I PM'd you my cell. Text when you want to stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdestruction View Post
    Fine by me. I PM'd you my cell. Text when you want to stop by.
    ok sounds perfect, I will shoot you a text and we can plan a day for me to come by! Plus you look over the V I got for any flaws you might think need to be looked at!! Thanks again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.