Thinking of buying a 04 CTS-V Need some advice!1 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thinking of buying a 04 CTS-V Need some advice!1 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Test drove it and everything seemed pretty solid. Maybe a little roar at 60+ coming what seemed to be passenger ...
    jeremy107 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Thinking of buying a 04 CTS-V Need some advice!1

Test drove it and everything seemed pretty solid. Maybe a little roar at 60+ coming what seemed to be passenger rear area. Maybe a wheel bearing hub/assembly wore? Motor was strong and had plenty of pull shifting was smooth from what I can tell.

Only issue from what I can tell. 1) slight wear on suede on the middle bottom part of driver seat 2) small cig burn in headliner 3) in the back seat the top pillar panels had the little pins of clips missing holding it in place 4) small few scratches on rear bumper. Mainly needs a good cleaning on inside. The rest can easily fixed correct? Replacing headliner I've done one before how easy is the Vs? Radio rob easily replaced.

sgtdestruction is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Silver

What is the asking price?

I found this one that has 102k on it. Only a few defects thr I can tell that I'm guessing I can fix. 1) the headliner has a small cig burn in it (I've replaced one before but not the headliner, anyone done one?) 2) small pins missing in the rear top pillar panels the clips that hold it into place are missing 3) the suede inserts in the middle bottom piece of the driver seat has some wear and the leather on driver seat has a little wear (anyone tips on replacing?)

Small scratch on the rear bumper. And one of the wheels the paint on the wheels has chipped off some. The car drivers good pulls hard. I mean the motor is built to handle some beating so that's not a huge concern. The 6 speed shifts smooth from what I could tell. And at 60+ a small roar comes from the passenger rear wheel thinking a its maybe a wheel bearing/hub assembly easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdestruction View Post
    What is the asking price?
    15k buying price

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Is it coming from a dealership? I would point out every lil issue and see if there willing to fix them or negotiate on the price.

I got my 05 V with 65k and I paid $17.5k
    And it was in basically perfect condition.

Yea...I agree, I would see if they could take some $$$ off for the stuff you pointed out.

I wish I could find one with that many miles for that price! I haven't purchased it yet.. So I'm gonna see what he can do. It's a private owner. Also has headers, Borla full exhaust, and cold air intake.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy107
    I wish I could find one with that many miles for that price! I haven't purchased it yet.. So I'm gonna see what he can do. It's a private owner. Also has headers, Borla full exhaust, and cold air intake.
    I searched for about two months before I finally found the right car. I test drove several V's that were priced higher yet had more issues.

Being that it's a private sell I would offer a lower number(maybe 13,500 and see how he reacts)

He said 14.5k was the best he could do, it does have several hundred $ for headers and I'm not sure the full Borla exhaust cost. Sounds great I love the sound. Mechanic records from clutch and flywheel replaced 1k miles ago also. Amsoil for oil changed the same time

Let me know if you have some time and we can cruise up to check it out.

Can you get a copy or burnt copy of the DVD Navigation CD? I found some on eBay but they are 150-290$

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy107 View Post
    Hello everyone first of all this is my first post to the forum and thank you for allowing me to join! Hopefully I will be a regular user in the near future!! I am looking into getting a 04' CTS-V. Car has 117k miles on it and is in very good shape as far as looks inside and out. I am new to the Caddy scene and better yet the CTS-V scene. I always have wanted one and now that I have a one year old son I am looking for a four door so I can have the car seat as well. CTS-V is ideal for me only because I love to still have fun at let the big dog eat ever so often..

My questions are is there anything I need to be in the looks for when going to purchase the car? I know some cars there are some things you def need to make sure it is ok before putting a lot of money of down on one. It has a clean car fax by the way with three previous owners. Thanks everyone for the guidance and help!
    Hello jeremy107,

Welcome to the forum! As you can see there are many members who love interacting with one another; there were already many post interactions with you and them! This forum is a great tool for getting advice. The V is an awesome way to go, especially if you like power! Please keep us updated on your vehicle purchase

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy107 View Post
    Can you get a copy or burnt copy of the DVD Navigation CD? I found some on eBay but they are 150-290$
    I don't use mine as my nav won't read the disk. You are welcome to try the disk, and if it works, yours for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdestruction View Post
    I don't use mine as my nav won't read the disk. You are welcome to try the disk, and if it works, yours for $50.
    Roger that, pop it in and see if it works. If it does I will def grab that from you!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello jeremy107,

Welcome to the forum! As you can see there are many members who love interacting with one another; there were already many post interactions with you and them! This forum is a great tool for getting advice. The V is an awesome way to go, especially if you like power! Please keep us updated on your vehicle purchase

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Thanks a lot for the welcome, yes this forum has some great members I can already tell with the help and tips I have already been told! Even better to have a few close by!

[QUOTE=jeremy107;3304902]Roger that, pop it in and see if it works. If it does I will def grab that from you![COLOR="Silver"]

Thats what I am saying...my navigation won't read the disk. Took it in to get repaired, and was told they would have to ship the whole nav unit to NY to get fixed and it may take up to 30 days. I will take it in some other time...maybe next winter.

I have owned other cars with navigation, and never end up using it. So...the disk was good when I bought the car last year, so I can only assume it still is. It's yours for $50 if you want to test it out. Or anyone else for that matter. I can post a picture of it tomorrow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.