New Owner of an 05 V, introducing myself
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Owner of an 05 V, introducing myself in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Found this forum fairly easily, new to this car but not to cars or forums. Thought I'd introduce myself and ...
    seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

New Owner of an 05 V, introducing myself

Found this forum fairly easily, new to this car but not to cars or forums. Thought I'd introduce myself and ask for a few tips on my new used car.

Just picked up an '05 V, 90k on it. Runs great handles tight, only place I feel the 90k is in the shifter. Pretty sloppy and can be a bit ponderous at times, I'm assuming some bushings are worn out so the plan is to do a short shifter at the same time. I'm reading B&M is ok, I've used them before so I'll probably go that direction.

Needs brake pads as well, seems the consensus is the Hawk HPS pads. Any tips on where to buy this stuff is welcome.

Couple pics cause every forum I'm on people always want pics (myself included). Bone stock but does the trick so far.

Tips, tricks, comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Famous556 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Platinum V

Re: New Owner of an 05 V, introducing myself

Welcome, I'm new myself but I can help with your shifter questions as I've been reading on here for a while now. It seems that about the only shifter to get these days is a custom one made by a member here "pisnuoff". There's a thread that details the ordering process. I plan to get one of these myself real soon. As far as the bushings there are a couple of options. Creative steel makes some, and Lindsay Cadillac sells some made by UUC I think. The hawk HPS pads are reported to not be quite as grippy as the stockers. And the stockers are quite good for factory pads if you don't mind the dust. The hawks that are a step up from the stockers would be the HP+ pads. I'm sure there are many other companies out there with good pads for these cars but hawk is what I'm most familiar with.

Welcome to the forum from another new platinum V owner!

PISNUOFF Guest

^^^right on. My shifter, Hawk HP+ pads.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Welcome! I know what you are saying about the shifting thing. Might need to look into the bushings at minimum myself. I have the 04 platinum myself and I like your chrome wheels. I did a brake job last year after getting mine and had to replace the front rotors but can't remember what pads I used so sorry on not helping there.

BDV

seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Thanks for the tip on HP+ pads, definitely don't want to lose any grip.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    ^^^right on. My shifter, Hawk HP+ pads.
    Not sure I can wait for your shifter, I'd like to do a track day on May 17 . . .

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Welcome to the site. Looks like a beauty. Tons of info and helpful people here.

Peter

Scott2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

Welcome- love my 05!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.