New guy saying hi
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New guy saying hi in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello everyone, I've been reading on here and ls1tech for a little while now and picked up a V1 myself ...
    Famous556 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Platinum V

Cool New guy saying hi

Hello everyone,

I've been reading on here and ls1tech for a little while now and picked up a V1 myself about a month ago. I figured it was time to say hi.

Bought the car with 51k on it. It's an 07 and was purchased bone stock. An interesting note is that the carfax showed the first owner as a "corporate fleet vehicle" in Michigan near Lansing where these cars were built. As I can't see too many corporations using this vehicle as a fleet I believe it to be a GM fleet car used by an executive or some other person important enough to be given a V as a fleet car. After 6 months the car went on the private market and was sold to a gentleman in KC, then purchased by another gentleman in Oklahoma who I purchased the car from.

The car has FG2's, and so far I've done a skip shift eliminator until I get it tuned out, Volant intake, CS diff bushing and insert, and new tires 275/40/18 all around. Also did a muffler delete on the otherwise stock exhaust with some nice 4" stainless tips.

This is the first LSX car I've owned. When I was a teenager I used to have a 1994 Caprice with an LT1 3.73's and a stall that would do a 14.0 in the quarter and thought that car was sweet back then. Since selling that car I have been out of the V8 car game and have just owned boring commuter cars. I bought the V as a present to myself for graduating nursing school (in May). The V is an entirely different beast than the B body was. The B body was good at turning a good 60' time and going down a straight track for its power and size. The V does everything so much better than any car I've owned to date.

The V is a fantastic car and after a month of ownership I'm still very happy with the car every time I get in it.

I'm looking forward to more reading here and continued learning from everyone's experiences.

Thanks for looking,
    Here are some pics for all of you to enjoy.

D3l7a3ch0 and D3l7a3ch0 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ImEpayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: New guy saying hi

Welcome, I'm fairly new here as well. you will find tons of help and advise here. Just be sure to use the search before posting about something.

Congrats on graduating

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Congrats on the V. Looks like it's in great shape.

PISNUOFF Guest

Congrats. I bought mine as a 'PEP' car as well. I worked for GM at the time so I realized the initial discount in price.

Scott2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

Welcome!! thumbsup:

Choppa' is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Do you live in Oklahoma?

Negative, I live in Omaha, Nebraska. I don't know that I've ever seen another V1 here except on a dealership lot, but I'm sure there are a few on the road here. The V is in fantastic shape, definitely a sweet ride.

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

Excellent find!!!

"ONE OF US" lol

wait. did you say you're a murse?

teasing.

(D3l7a3ch0 <-former Army medic)

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    Excellent find!!!

"ONE OF US" lol

wait. did you say you're a murse?

teasing.

(D3l7a3ch0 <-former Army medic)
    Lol yes gonna be a murse. But I've been a paramedic for the last 6 years so I get to choose either when people ask me what I do... I guess I was just looking for a change of venue, being a paramedic is great work but the pay and advancement opportunities are just not there. After getting my RN license I'll probably continue to volunteer as an EMT-P with my local fire dept.

I was just talking to one of my buddies who just went through 68W school through the national guard I believe. Sounds pretty neat really. Once out of school he gets reciprocity for a NREMT-basic license so thats not a bad deal.

2005_CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V
    Welcome!!!... You'll Find Great People And Excellent Advise On Here!!!...

consider me impressed that you are a paramedic! my NREMT expires in May. I never made use of my EMT as a civilian, that's a whoooole lotta "nope"

accidents would be awesome, but at the same time not. and then there's the scrutiny... and the pressure. I left the military to unwind. I'm a full-time student now

double welcome... this is quality right here

PS i'm surprised to hear the pay was not there. (really?)

Fleetwood Greg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    consider me impressed that you are a paramedic! my NREMT expires in May. I never made use of my EMT as a civilian, that's a whoooole lotta "nope"

accidents would be awesome, but at the same time not. and then there's the scrutiny... and the pressure. I left the military to unwind. I'm a full-time student now

double welcome... this is quality right here

PS i'm surprised to hear the pay was not there. (really?)
    My sarcasm meter is broken today so forgive me if youre being fasecious. Where I live an NREMT-P can expect to make about 25k-35k gross based on experience. Fire departments pay a little better but I myself was never big on the paid FD politics and union crap... a lot of shady things go on with the paid fire departments in my area. RNs make 40-50k right out of school and the benefits dont even compare. Not to mention the opportunities for advancement within the nursing field are endless. My ultimate plan is to get some ICU/critical care experience and then head off to CRNA school and be a nurse anesthestist. Every single one I've met or worked with raves about how much they love it.

ETA: Famous556 posting. I'm at my parents house today and logged in as my father apparently.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Dang, OP, your car looks new!

Nice!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Well thank you! It's very clean and by far the cleanest car I've owned but its far from perfect. I've found that silver is a good color for hiding minor flaws. This picture was after a fresh wash and wax and the lighting in that building really makes cars look good.

Hah no, I had no idea. I was sharing my thoughts to get you out of your shell, so to speak.

My aunt is an RN, and has been for the longest.

Did you put yourself through school? That's quite a bit of drive. I met with my counselor this afternoon and we hammered out 6 semesters of classes I need to transfer (mechanical engineering). So. I can relate. Even more so as the semesters go by.

What type of institution did you study at? The annual training requirement struck me as... a major task. Lucky for me, they're handled consistently in the army as part of training. Another reason I'm surprised the pay isn't better--it's a lot of ongoing education.

(Imo introduction threads are out of bounds for trolling... And at least a couple more weeks outside this thread. Splash damage is still possible, though)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.