Woo Hoo, Thank You RevShift. I love my bushings !
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Woo Hoo, Thank You RevShift. I love my bushings ! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ^^^ how's that for a title... LOL Whole new car to me. Just got my revshift Red rear cradle bushings ...
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Woo Hoo, Thank You RevShift. I love my bushings !

^^^ how's that for a title... LOL Whole new car to me.

Just got my revshift Red rear cradle bushings in along with the Blue diff bushing and CS Diff bushing Block. What a difference. It feels like the car is biting down and grabbing the pavement now. The front end seems to be pulling up more.
    A lot easier / smoother to get her sideways too

I have a Borla Cat back exhaust, not a whole lot louder than stock when crusing... and I can barely tell a difference in sound from the bushings.

Other mods are UUC shifter with poly shifter bushings. RevShift trans mount insert, and Trailing arm bushings, and G-Force anti wheel-hop axles. I noticed a little hop one time today, but NOTHING like before.

Will BMR trailing arms help smooth it out more ?? I'm guessing new better tires will help too.
    Also, Would the Revshift lower shock mount bushings help ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

Re: Woo Hoo, Thank You RevShift. I love my bushings !

this makes me want those bushings, too

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

You won't feel any difference with the BMR or Killernoodle trailing arms. It's the lower trailing arm bushings that you want (and already have, as noted). Those offer a minor but noticeable stability improvement.

Revshift doesn't make lower shock mount bushings. Creative Steel does. The most efficient upgrade path for those bushings is to upgrade your shocks. Only the FE4/FG2s have those crappy rubber bushings.

Better tires will make wheelhop worse.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    You won't feel any difference with the BMR or Killernoodle trailing arms. It's the lower trailing arm bushings that you want (and already have, as noted). Those offer a minor but noticeable stability improvement.

Revshift doesn't make lower shock mount bushings. Creative Steel does. The most efficient upgrade path for those bushings is to upgrade your shocks. Only the FE4/FG2s have those crappy rubber bushings.

Thanks Fuzzy,

You get your Revshift bushings in yet ?

I know the BMR trailing arms get rid of the front/upper rubber bushing on the trailing arm... that won't help ?

It does have slight noticeable hop, but NOTHING like before. I drifted half way around a loop-d-loop intersection today and so much easier to control now.

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    You get your Revshift bushings in yet ?

I know the BMR trailing arms get rid of the front/upper rubber bushing on the trailing arm... that won't help?
    I've had my bushings since November. Haven't had time to install them because of school and work. Remember this picture?

While replacing the upper trailing arm bushing probably has some net positive effect on handling, I couldn't tell the difference. And I'm pretty picky.

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

^^^ Yeah that. I just installed 275's (Bridgestone re-11's) all the way around and now the wheel hop is intolerable. If you even think about spinning the tires they start bouncing. I was already planning on getting axles, bushings, and maybe shocks, but now I think I'll have to accelerate that plan. Any recommendations on the most cost efficient yet effective approach?

Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS View Post
    ^^^ Yeah that. I just installed 275's all the way around and now the wheel hop is intolerable If you even think about spinning the tires they start bouncing. I was already planning on getting axles, bushings, and maybe shocks, but now I think I'll have to accelerate that plan. Any recommendations on the most cost efficient yet effective approach?
    Have you seen the DIY 8.8" build thread on LS1Tech? Bushings will help in the meantime.

Been driving the car for a few days now with the bushings installed...

In the words of Jay Leno "The drive is more important than the destination"

Only problem now... being "sideways" is much more easily controlled... gonna cost in tires

Have you seen the DIY 8.8" build thread on LS1Tech? Bushings will help in the meantime.
    No I haven't, I'll have to check that out. Which bushings are the most effective? I've already got the trans mount insert and motor mounts on their way. Do you have to pretty much do all the rear-end bushings to get much improvement, or is there one or two things that have the most impact?

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I just put my Revshift motor mounts, tranny insert, and diff bushing in too, and the difference is astounding. No more clunks, everything is much tighter. Hotchkiss sways are on now too, and once my BFG Rivals get here, I will be ready for the track season!

barrok69 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

No I haven't, I'll have to check that out. Which bushings are the most effective? I've already got the trans mount insert and motor mounts on their way. Do you have to pretty much do all the rear-end bushings to get much improvement, or is there one or two things that have the most impact?
    Cradle Bushings + Gforce econo axles + trailing arm bushings = goodbye wheelhop.

You'd be insane not to do them all. Each one helps in a different way, and once you've got the subframe out, you're in a good spot to hit everything.

Here's the DIY 8.8" thread:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...ld-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by barrok69 View Post
    Cradle Bushings + Gforce econo axles + trailing arm bushings = goodbye wheelhop.
    I have new stock motor mounts, I have RevShift Blue motor mounts on the shelf. Will these help with the hop too ?? It still does just a little (but tolerable now.)

I actually think the car drives smoother now that I have the red cradle bushings in; must have cleaned up some major slop.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just did red revshift cradle and trailing arm bushings as well as blue MM's and trans insert and the difference is night and day. No comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by barrok69 View Post
    Thanks thats what I was looking for!

You'd be insane not to do them all. Each one helps in a different way, and once you've got the subframe out, you're in a good spot to hit everything.

Here's the DIY 8.8" thread:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...ld-thread.html
    I'll look into the other bushings too. Purchase price isn't the only issue. I don't have anywhere to work on the car so I'll have to take it to a shop to have it done, so I have to factor in installation cost too. I'll look into the DIY 8.8" but I'm guessing thats beyond the scope of what I'm looking to do to the car for the time being.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.