gps nav. disc
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 4 Post By HAMSTAR
  • 2 Post By lollygagger8
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, gps nav. disc in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey , I just got my 04 CTS v love the car so far. I came from a wrx to ...
    Dhale is offline Cadillac Owners Member

gps nav. disc

Hey , I just got my 04 CTS v love the car so far. I came from a wrx to a f250 Harley Davidson to a 04 CTS v . My question is the car I got doesn't have the nav disc but my mom has a 08 hummer with the Bose nav would her disc work in my car or not she hasn't even unwrapped the disc yet hah.

Thanks

RippyPartsDept is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: gps nav. disc

if you go to http://gmnavdisc.com it should tell you what other cars your disc fits

my dealer login/view of the site gives us that ability at least (i think it will for you too)

So it won't work does anyone have a disc I can buy? Do you have to keep the disc in at all times or is it a once and done thing? Thanks Rippy

ImEpayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Disc has to be in at all times. But there is the seperate slot at the top for the Nav disc. You can still have your 6 music CD's down on the bottom one. Be careful if you are going to be buying a used one from someone. I have found these discs are VERY touchy. Very minute scratches can make it not function completely. Also, if your V has the DVD logo, test the player with a dvd movie and make sure the lens isnt scratched.

I have an '06 V and i have the CD. it is barely scratched and it doesn't work. It loads up, but freezes before any kind of Navigation'ing.

Atleast this is what I have learned from experience, still pretty new to V's...

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

The nav system in these cars is awful. Don't waste your time. I would rather use a sextant.

Thanks I will check the dvd player

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    The nav system in these cars is awful. Don't waste your time. I would rather use a sextant.
    My daughter used to touch the screen thinking it was a touch screen. I said no honey, this car is OLD it has buttons lol.
    ImEpayne and ImEpayne like this.

KB V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.