Video equipment - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Video equipment in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; and that's just one frame! helluva picture quality for 30fps, no?...
    D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

Re: Video equipment

and that's just one frame! helluva picture quality for 30fps, no?

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Year n my quest to find a decent cheap camera I have found some with picatinny mounts and stuff. I was thinking, hmmm I don't know if I want everyone to be able to see what I shoot. Someone may interpret a threat different than me based on a small angle of vision.

I noticed a contour mounted low on the right side of a motorcycle patrolman's helmet this morning.

another nice feature of the contours is the lens can be rotated 90degrees from center each way, to adjust for non-vertical mounting.

I stripped everything off my weapon. too much weight. I'm not one of those picatinny rangers

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Just give me a stock ass m4 with iron sights doped for my eyes and I'll knock shit down easily 400+. But there are guys at my work that have the super tackleberry going on. This one guy has an EoTech (which I do like a lot BTW) a light on the left, a pistol foregrip aaaaand a bipod in front of that. Like wtf?

Yea a lot of the motorcycle cops are getting cameras like that. Like a dash cam for them.

Also drift innovations makes a camera that will rotate all the way around

D3l7a3ch0 <-expert qual with iron sights

I have mounted my contour to my helmet through shoot houses and ranges. I don't imagine the wider GoPro would have made such use simple.

contours have swivel/arm attachments now, and with the bluetooth-to-iphone viewfinder functionality, I like the idea that I'm not paying for a LCD screen on the back of my camera (as is the case with the Go-Pro).

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

New gopro is it own wireless network so you can have iphone as view finder and make any changes to the setting on the camera. Remote on and off with that too.

right, and that would be great but it also has a LCD on the back of it? I don't like the idea of paying for extra features that I wouldn't use. not only that, but as they're similar in price, someone's cutting corners or overpriced......

-I- think, just to be thorough, a side-by-side video comparison would be nice. (a comparison of two videos that are captured by a GoPro and Contour mounted on the same dash, at the same time)

still, I really, really dislike the orientation of the GoPro......... enough that I wouldn't buy it just for its mounting style.

Maybe i'm misunderstanding by what you mean as lcd. On the one i have it has nothing on the back except for the battery that goes in it. Not the battery pack but just the one that it needs. All i do is turn on the wireless function with the button on the unit and then start the app on my phone and see what the camera sees. I'm no pro but i don't think it has any thing on the back that is a lcd. Either way contour is a great product too. I've just started to do more video editing and i like using the 4kp mode and the 1440p. I also do a lot of water use with it. Reef stuff. It has been down 180 ft a few times with no problem. I by far am no pro or anything. Just starting to get into it as a small hobby. I have seen the 4kp on a new 4kp capable oled tv and i was like WOW!

Found this video.

I have heard that there are issues about reliability of the gopro line but, i have never had any but for one on the new one i got. I had the card not record but i figured that it was my fault due to trying to use a card that got dropped in water. I let it dry and it work but not well. Bought a new card and never had a problem again. I do think that maybe i have been very lucky in this regard of reliability though. I have had the latch break and they sent me a new one no questions asked. The camera was fine and took the hard hit no problem.

As to mounting. I've just used a few of the sticky mounts and they are part of the car lol. One on the windshield and on on the front bumper. Anything else the suction mount has never failed me ( yet lol ).

I hope that i'm not coming off as pushy or pushing anything. I'm just stating my limited experience with the products i use. I can respect your view on your product. I've seen and used video from a contour and it was great too.

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    The LCD is an add on option. The it is not included with the purchase of the camera.

I was under the impression the GoPro had an LCD viewfinder on the back--and it made sense to me the body was traditional camera-style to accommodate the viewfinder.

I like the bullet-style body better, but what I would really like is a camera that has the image sensor at the end of a bendy snake, like the necks of some lamps. For the ease of positioning and location... On a headband, around an A pillar. reduced air friction, too.

4k... I've had discussions about 4k with gamers, and my expectations for 4k is the timeline is very far off--the first time I saw an HD display was in '91(?) and 720p is still mainstream. Recording in 4k would take up a lot of disk space, the large files would be difficult to edit, and unless the video is downsized the bandwidth to share it is limiting, and you might be on the edge of consumer displays, but you'll be the only one with a 4k display for a while.

HD television broadcasts are still not all 1080p, and your Blu-rays can be upscaled but that wont look right

I'm at the library, at school, and I should be studying for my algebra test; I will watch that video at home, this evening.

(my 3GS bandwidth is too low for YouTube, anyway)

odla the thought crossed my mind my opinion would be taken the wrong way. But I like strong opinions, and I prefer that people who have them opt to fire away

...out of respect. I think it can be contemptuous and dismissive to deny someone a discussion...

What are you doing reading this right now? Time to study. lol messing with ya.

"out of respect. I think it can be contemptuous and dismissive to deny someone a discussion"

"odla the thought crossed my mind my opinion would be taken the wrong way. But I like strong opinions, and I prefer that people who have them opt to fire away"

I feel the same way. Glad that this seems to be taken the same way on both sides.

looks like netflix is doing 4kp soon. Also some 4kp 55-65" tv's are coming at a $2k-5k range soon. The new ps4 will also be able to play content and games in 4kp.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/N...-or-Two-123516

Now get back to studying lol.
    D3l7a3ch0 and D3l7a3ch0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    THAT ONE! THAT'S WHAT I WANT! I didn't see that link until just now.

--------------------------------------------

I've never had the Contour break long videos.....

I dunno, odla, how about that video... I think the Contour is better......!!!

the ps4... oh no you didn't just call it 4k

ps3 games are not rendered at 1080p or even 720p for some titles... it is
    up-scaled by software, and the up-scaling code is also up to the game
    developer. the PS4 will be the same way--rendered at significantly lower
    than 4k and then up-scaled to a 4k signal. it simply doesn't have the specs
    to render true 4k.

basically, the 4k label is fake, like they rubbed it to make it look bigger. it
    will have a 4k output, but it will be up-scaled like a DVD or Blu-ray player

I think the ps4 will gain most of its graphics popularity from its 1080p
    customers, and up-scaling to 4k will have the same effect on image quality
    as the ps3's jump from 720p to 1080p (as 1080p became more popular and
    affordable during the its lifespan)

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    I feel the same way. Glad that this seems to be taken the same way on both sides.
    though sometimes I feel guilty--I'll wonder if I should have spared a person's feelings.
    including a couple times on this forum...

//(I'm fairly certain I made a 100% on that test. all my calculations did that
    magical thing where the equations fall together)

I think that the video show good and bad of each camera. I do think that the contour looks better on some shots and vise versa. I thinks we could come up with situations that the contour would be better and the same for the gopro. Both are great cameras for the average person who just want to turn it on and probably not do more than add music to the video.

Good info on the ps3 and 4. I didn't know that stuff.

"though sometimes I feel guilty--I'll wonder if I should have spared a person's feelings"

Nah no need to feel guilty. Sometime people need to feel hurt in order to make growth for themselves. Atleast thats the girly sh** i tell the ones with hurt feelings lol.

Congrats on the test. Harry Potter would be proud of your magic. Lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.