Oxygen sensor Smog fail - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Oxygen sensor Smog fail in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by liqidvenom Brian could break Wolverine ...nothing can survive him. What cruise this weekend? I live out in ...
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    Brian could break Wolverine ...nothing can survive him.

What cruise this weekend? I live out in Long Beach
    Its near Temecula, Ca. Check the Southern California thread I posted up a link there. I'm on my phone now so I don't have easy access to the link.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Oxygen sensor Smog fail

My car has Jersey plates on it....most likely wasnt me.

jonathan2169 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

UPDATE: So we finally passed smog. It was the O2 sensors (both banks) and both were paid by the dealer.
    So now we roll into some DIY fixes. I am a few steps into replacing the Steering Wheel Position Sensor (thanks to the awesome step-by-step by CancerJCC on these forums!). Motor mounts, differential bushing and trans mount inserts are en route from Revshift. And as soon as I can isolate the intermittent coolant leak that will be next on the hit list.
    Anyways really stoked that the car is legal and looking forward to getting it running smooth!

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon V View Post
    No, but i just put some in this weekend...what are you gonna tell me is wrong with them?
    The exact same thing that happened when CS started making motor mounts.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    Brian could break Wolverine ...nothing can survive him.
    So ALL of my experiences with damaged parts should be discounted? I'll just stop relaying my experiences.

----------
    Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    PISNUOFF managed to liberate the cores from their repressive polyurethane shells. with the motor. I'm not worried about mine, I'm pretty sure his ...conditions are unique. revshift has updated their motormount cores since/as a result iirc
    I seriously doubt I will be the only one. I'll bet my paycheck on it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan2169 View Post
    UPDATE: So we finally passed smog. It was the O2 sensors (both banks) and both were paid by the dealer.
    So now we roll into some DIY fixes. I am a few steps into replacing the Steering Wheel Position Sensor (thanks to the awesome step-by-step by CancerJCC on these forums!). Motor mounts, differential bushing and trans mount inserts are en route from Revshift. And as soon as I can isolate the intermittent coolant leak that will be next on the hit list.
    Anyways really stoked that the car is legal and looking forward to getting it running smooth!
    I'm glad it was simply sensors and you didn't just start randomly swapping cats.

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

so let it be written, so let it be done

b-b-b-b-bump

PISNUOFF I was sitting in physics class and it occurred to me why you are causing otherwise high-rated parts to fail

when you tighten everything up, the force is applied in a shorter period of time, which makes the impulse bigger. The ratings you're going by are meant for systems that have more "give".

...to put it simply. (hitting a brick wall vs a rubber wall concept).

so even with relatively near-stock 500ish hp (iirc you have), you're using your products in a way that was not intended/beyond what they were engineered for. the power numbers are for more conservative bushings/diff/axles etc.

I... remain confident in my motor mounts

I should have an engine-to-strut tower brace sometime in the... near future that would alleviate your motor mount issues. holding all that power at two points on the sides of the block isn't the best solution for a rotating force. it's good for stock numbers, but definitely could be better.

not sure who I will get to weld it (aluminum). I also have to calculate/find an appropriate off-the-shelf bushing to use between the motor bracket and strut tower brace. (size and material to match the stiffness of "80" and "95" for the torque at a longer lever-arm............)

you might break something else, though.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

He is driving his sports sedan in the manner it is supposed to be driven. These cars just tend to break.

so... stock? heh

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.