Issue w/car that requires Warranty Work & Possible problem with dealership service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Issue w/car that requires Warranty Work & Possible problem with dealership service in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I am going to try and keep this somehwat short for now since i am really not sure what ...
    04CTS-Vnomiles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V 47k miles,CORSA Exhaust,Premium Wheels, RIP '04 V

Issue w/car that requires Warranty Work & Possible problem with dealership service

So I am going to try and keep this somehwat short for now since i am really not sure what is going to end up happeng yet. But anyway, about 5 weeks ago my car all of a sudden would not start after having only been sitting for about 4-5 hours since I last drove it. It was late on a sunday night so after having so success with a jumpstart or anything I just got my buddy whoe house I was at to drive me home. I called into work the next morning to tell my boss that I was going to be late so I could deal with my car issues. Well in order to get back over to where my car was I had to get my beater car (1997 v6 chevy camaro w/120,000 miles and still runs like a champ! will start right up after sitting around undriven for 3-4 months every time!) which I hadnt driven in a few months going because it had no battery in it. Luckily I did already have a brand new battry for it just sitting in the house that I just hadnt got around to puttin in yet and the main reason for that was because I wanted to get some new battery terminal bolts and i hadnt been able to find any just at the local auto parts stores that looked just like the ones in the car. So I said screw it and showed up at Advance Auto at like 7am or 730am right when they opened and bought 2 sets that each looked like they might work. Well luckily, one of them ended up working out fine so i smothered them in dielectric grase hooked it up and my old girl fired right up. So since the car would not start with a jump the night before, and everything still had power and nothing was left on so there was no way the battery could have died in the short amount of time it had been sitting. So I decided just to be sure it wasnt anything with the battery I switched the BRAND NEW one I had just put into my camaro into my V and gave it a shot and still nothing, just a faint clicking sound and only one little click. So I was thinking I would have to use my 24/7 roadise assistance included with the warranty butt then remembered that duhhhh sinch I was kind on an incline an luckily facing the right direction, I was able to drift down the street a build up enough speed to put it in 2nd pop the clutch and she started right up. So obviously I drove right to the dealership. I had been wanting to bring it in anyway for a few other issues too so I told them some stff along with the main reason I wasnt there because of it not starting. Well a couple of days later I get a call saying they are going to replace my Rear Diff Bushings (which was one of the things I told them I knew needed to be done) but that the car had started up fine ever since it had been there. So obviously im thinking hmmmmm odd. Well anyway I pcked the car up and it drove a lot better with the new diff bushings and continued to start right up for about the next 5 weeks until yesterday i come out of work around 530 and boom, same exact non-start issue as before. Luckily i was able to flag down a group of 4 guys going for a run to help me push my car out of its parking spot and get it rolling to pop start it again because I was not parked in a position to have been able to do it on my own this time. So I called dealer on my way home, the Service manager who I had dealt primarily with before was gone for the day but I decided to talk to someone else and let them know what was going on. An of course he proceeeded to tell me that once again if they cant replicate the issue than they wont be able to replace anything on Cadillacs dime, which pissed me off, so I was not rude or anything but I told him if this was going to be the case, I am an active member in the V community on the forums and have noticed before that there is a person or two (hoping they chime in here) that work directly for Cadillac Customer Service and often ask people about their dealership experience and if they would like them to follow up....Well of course when i got home the car was starting up fine again and everything just like before and I drowve it to work the next day. Before i was going to do anything else I really wanted to talk to the Service manager who i had dealt with before first though so I called back the following afternoon and I did. He remembered me being in before and was much more sympathetic to the situation with my Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty being up at the end of the month and all, and told me to go ahead and bring the car back in and they would see what they could do.

Ughhhhhhhh!!! Well i had the rest of this all typed up but this was the last time I remembered to copy before hiting "submit new thred" which obviously did not work for some reason the first tiem I did it, and it is not last as hell, so i will have to come back and finish this up tomorrow

----------

Wow I cannot type right now, I meant to say it is late as hell now so I will come back and finish up this story tomorrow. It gets better, or worse, whichever way you want to look at it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Re: Issue w/car that requires Warranty Work & Possible problem with dealership servic

Quote Originally Posted by 04CTS-Vnomiles View Post
    So I am going to try and keep this somehwat short
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAH This is the longest "short" post I've ever seen.

Let me try and condense your post.

-You have an intermittent starter issue.
    -On two separate occasions the starter wouldn't engage and you roll started the car.
    -Everything else works fine.
    -You wanted the Cadillac dealer to replace your starter based on your experiences, but the Cadillac dealer needs to observe the no-start condition to replace the starter.
    -The Cadillac service writer that you originally dealt with may replace it without observing the no-start condition because your warranty is almost up.

Too me it sounds like they are taking care of the problem exactly as they are supposed to. In the future, if you have a warranty, and your car doesn't start, you should have it towed in to the dealer. This does two things, the tow truck driver is a witness to the no-start problem and hopefully it still has the problem when it gets to the dealer and they can diagnose it and fix it. Although that's sometimes a crap shoot too, because the car bounces around on the tow truck and the starter sometimes works when it gets to the dealer.

Good luck, hope you get it fixed.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Issue w/car that requires Warranty Work & Possible problem with dealership servic

Same type of story here. Mine is in right now getting a new starter. No start at work, pushed it and drove home... no start at home... rolled down driveway and straight to dealer.. and whewww: no start for them. This was all after making an appointment last fall with a no start situation... until I got it to the dealer, fired right up (and I even had a video clip of it clicking) ridiculous how they send you home with an unreliable car.

PISNUOFF Guest

Sounds like a burned/corroded connector on the starter. Has happened several times before.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

at Katie helping you. You're under warranty, so their intent isn't there to help you (from your $).

Dealer is only doing what they can to get reimbursement from GM. If they put in a new starter and the "bad" one works, guess who pays for it? Not GM.

Next time it doesn't start, call Roadside and have them pick it up. It establishes a starting problem that they'll be forced to fix. Now that the issue is on their books, even if you go beyond your warranty, GM will most likely repair it as goodwill.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Got a question for you guys. Can you push start it if the clutch sensor is bad? will it start? Wondering if it could be the sensor instead of the starter.

04CTS-Vnomiles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V 47k miles,CORSA Exhaust,Premium Wheels, RIP '04 V
    I have also thought about a possi low issue with the clutch switch as well^. But anyway as far as getting it towed, the first 2 times I just wasn't thinking of it like I should if been, that the dealer would need to observe the problem. But this week when it didn't start after work for the second day in a row and I called the service manager right away, my intention was to get it towed if need be. However, after we talked about it he said that it would be okay if I just got it started and drove home and then just got the car up there as soon as possible because he believed me that there is an issue and he didn't want to make me unnecessarily go through the hassle of waiting for a tow truck and getting towed and not to mention the ever present possibility of damage from the ride on the tow truck.

So basically, yes, everything will be fine if the dealer keeps their word and they replace whatever it is they believe would be the problem based on my explanation of what has been occurring. However, my title suggesting a possible issue w/ the dealer, was referring to a conversation I had after it didn't start for the first time this past week with a different person at the dealership. He basically said I was SOL if they could not replicate this issue and just a sorry about your luck sort of thing about the warranty being up so soon. The Service Manager Mike who I have been dealing with now and dealt with the first time I brought my car in a month or so back seems really nice and all though so hopefully everything will work out.

I'll be back to let you all know what happens, since I'm sure you all care sooooo much, lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.