The engine has developed a knock - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, The engine has developed a knock in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; She's back together, starts like it should, not hard and slow like it did. Lifter was collapsed 3/8 of an ...
    carsaremytoys is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: The engine has developed a knock

She's back together, starts like it should, not hard and slow like it did. Lifter was collapsed 3/8 of an inch. Going to move the iat sensor to the manifold. And add a place to add coolant to the intercooler. I don't know how they got any in there, or if there is any in there, just a nipple to bleed if off... also have to find out why it's only making 5.5 lbs of Boost. Guy working on it tells me it should be making 10+ lbs judging by the pulley sizes. Maybe the 8:1 comp ratio? And then a dyno tune.. she'll be back at the track soon!

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I'm only making about 5.5 psi boost and even then that's only at about 6k RPM and above.

Car description says you're running an underdrive pulley. If that's on the crank, then that could be a reason you're not getting more boost.

What jackshaft pulley are you running?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I'm not sure about that pulley, the guy at the shop says the crank pulley is standard size, I don't know what size is considered under drive.

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

What s/c pulley is on it now?

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

robojesus in post 3 said

collapsed lifter.

what do i win?

The guy doing the work said he is going to find out the pulley sizes. I'll know late Monday probably.

brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Carsaremytoys where in WI do you live? I just bought a v and live by Madison.

I'm in the Milwaukee area

Cool! Just saw your car on the LMT FB page

The guy at the shop didn't get into it yet, I'll let you guys know what he finds when he does.

He is working on it tonight!

IAT has been moved to the intake manifold and a tee has been added to the intercooler line (nearly a gallon of coolant was added, that can't be good). He told me that the Meth wasn't working. We looked a little closer and noticed that the control box was turned off. We turned it on and pushed the test button, the test/working light turned on. He asked me to place my hand by the injector while he pushed the test button to see if I could feel anything, I didn't. Is the test button supposed to spray when pressed? I understand that's all about how it was installed, but what is most common? The kit is Alky. I have the manual and it tells me that it is set to spray at 4lbs of boost. I have seen the test/working light come on when getting on it. I'm assuming it works fine, but am unsure. He tells me it was one of his employees that was working on it, and he wasn't around to ask.

Meth is working, a vacuum line fell off...
    He took it for a spin and told me that it was only running 3lbs of boost and felt weak. That didn't sound right to me. He got back to me later and said that it had belt slip and it was because the guy that put the belt back on routed it wrong, I told him that he is the only one to touch it now lol. He states that it's back up to around 5lbs, but not quite "holy ****" I told him to make it holy **** lol. He is looking into the pulleys on the back of the motor.

bump how did things turn out here?

hopefully I will bring her home tomorrow!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.