Time to move on after 5 years of ownership...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Time to move on after 5 years of ownership... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've finally decided to sell my car and move on after 5 years of ownership. I bought a bone stock ...
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Time to move on after 5 years of ownership...

I've finally decided to sell my car and move on after 5 years of ownership. I bought a bone stock 2005 V in January of 2008 that literally made my palms sweat to drive, by far the fastest car I had ever driven. I couldn't sleep the days leading up to picking it up from the dealership from the excitement of owning it. There were no plans whatsoever to mod it, who needed any more??

Within 2 months I had a magnaflow catback exhaust, then a B&M short shifter, then kooks headers and a tune by the end of 6 or so months of owning it. After taking a ride in a local maggied V, I bought a maggie from Magnuson and installed it with a buddy on a Friday night/Saturday. That was before the end of the first year. From there it went on, hotchkis sway bars, blacked everything out, lowered, z06 clutch, new FG2s, creative steel mounts, Gforce axles...etc etc etc.

Here I am now, still love the car, but have the itch for something new so I think it's time to part ways with the V. I figure I will sell it and sit tight for the right deal to come along on either a V2 or a c6 z06. I'm back and forth every day on which one of those I want at this point in my life. Hopefully I can be patient and wait for the right car to come along, but who knows how long I'll be able to drive my F-150 everyday before I can't stand not having a car anymore!

So thanks to everyone out there that helped along the way through mod hell - shout outs to Twitch, rand49er, and heavymetals especially for the maggie assistance. I'll still be poking around the forums for a while I'm sure until I find a new project.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Time to move on after 5 years of ownership...

Tom, it's inevitable to leave one car ownership experience and start another one. Glad your experience here was a good one.

So, what's on your list? What two or three cars are you itching for?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Not sure yet, back and forth between a V2 sedan or a C6 Z06. There is also a 996tt for sale across the street from my office that I have to stare at everyday that really has my eye. I'm really leaning toward the corvette but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the practicality of the V. We'll see...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Man, if I didn't need a back seat, I'd be all over a Corvette. I look (drool is more like it) at them on craigslist at least a couple times a week ... C6s exclusively.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

You may have just helped me decide...I have an f150 supercrew that has more than enough backseat. I can use that when I need 4 doors. Z06 it is!

Just need a buyer for the V now. It just got a full interior/exterior detail and is looking fresher than ever.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Best of luck ! Enjoyed your posts over the years. Z06 FTW.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    I love the c6 zo6 it's probably the most badass car u can get for under 40k. The only thing bad about a zo6 is that it's still a corvette (I see at least 5-10 vette's on the street everyday).

Still zo6 FTW.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Yea but even if you do see 5-10 vettes a day on the road (I do here in southern California) most are base models with automatics driven by old ladies. Around here they are mostly soft tops too and I hate convertibles. Course 90% of Cadillacs are also automatics driven by old ladies except for the V.

Wait as long as you can, when the new models vette is here and the Z06 is announced the C6 Z06 will drop into the $30k range I bet, a lot of Z06 owners will probably want to trade up for a new model (here they are still hovering in the low $40k range). And that would be a steal for a car with a 7.0 liter V8 and that kind of track performance.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    If you're the mod type of person you may even consider an LS3 Vette for less money... I believe they like boost more so than LS7s... But I agree the C6 Z06 is too good for the money

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Damn... I've had mine 3+ years, we're local...and never met.

Who did the tune with headers? I've got a set of Kooks + cats waiting to go on... with Corsa... and looking for a tuner. Race Proven Motorsports? Phoenix Performance? ?

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Stay classy, bud. You'll be an asset to whatever car community is lucky enough to get you next.

For what it's worth, go V2.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

427 Z06 is by far the best choice if you don't need back seats. I've spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of one and it's truly a super car on many levels. And they can be had for under 40k...unreal.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black
    id get the V2 coupe but thats me.

not as common as the vette and if buying used, probably easy to find a really clean example

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    Best of luck ! Enjoyed your posts over the years. Z06 FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    I love the c6 zo6 it's probably the most badass car u can get for under 40k. The only thing bad about a zo6 is that it's still a corvette (I see at least 5-10 vette's on the street everyday).

Still zo6 FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Yea but even if you do see 5-10 vettes a day on the road (I do here in southern California) most are base models with automatics driven by old ladies. Around here they are mostly soft tops too and I hate convertibles. Course 90% of Cadillacs are also automatics driven by old ladies except for the V.

Wait as long as you can, when the new models vette is here and the Z06 is announced the C6 Z06 will drop into the $30k range I bet, a lot of Z06 owners will probably want to trade up for a new model (here they are still hovering in the low $40k range). And that would be a steal for a car with a 7.0 liter V8 and that kind of track performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidmarcx View Post
    If you're the mod type of person you may even consider an LS3 Vette for less money... I believe they like boost more so than LS7s... But I agree the C6 Z06 is too good for the money
    Thanks guys...I agree that vettes are all over the place which makes them a little less appealing, but a z06 is a z06 and if you're a car guy they'll catch your eye over the base corvettes just like we can notice V's over regular CTSs. To everyone else they're all the same.

And so far a c6 z06 has been the most rewarding driving experience in my life and I'm ready to own one. I probably won't boost it but who knows...I do know that I don't want an LS3 car though the motors are beasts, they just don't have the look.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Damn... I've had mine 3+ years, we're local...and never met.

Who did the tune with headers? I've got a set of Kooks + cats waiting to go on... with Corsa... and looking for a tuner. Race Proven Motorsports? Phoenix Performance? ?
    Originally Race Proven Motorsports tuned it after the headers were installed. They tuned it again for me to replace the canned Magnuson tune.

But after I switched to a 90 mm throttle body, I took it to County Corvette in West Chester and Mikey from Rapid Motorsports tuned it. He didn't like a couple things he saw in the old tune, aggressive timing and too much fuel, so he adjusted it and the car never felt better. I gained about 20hp/20tq from him re-tuning it and no more than 5 could have come from the TB change. I wouldn't recommend going anywhere else in the area at this point.

Call James at 610-696-7888, he's one of my best friends. You can tell him Tom sent you over...they're great people over there and no shop will take better care of you.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    Stay classy, bud. You'll be an asset to whatever car community is lucky enough to get you next.

For what it's worth, go V2.
    Thanks...I'm thinking z06 for a couple years then maybe back to a V.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    427 Z06 is by far the best choice if you don't need back seats. I've spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of one and it's truly a super car on many levels. And they can be had for under 40k...unreal.
    Agree...I'd be looking around $40k and they do seem to be out there. I'll try and find a good deal between 35 and 40.

Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    id get the V2 coupe but thats me.

not as common as the vette and if buying used, probably easy to find a really clean example
    I don't like the coupes...the rear seat isn't useful and the rear quarter panels are too big. I would only go sedan.

Again, there are a million CTS sedans and coupes on the road, more than vettes. The exclusivity of the Vs aren't even what the V1s were these days...but it only matters to car people that recognize them, so you're in the same boat with the z06/corvette.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Thanks. I just dropped CC Performance an email.

Now, just need to get my lazy butt to finalize Kooks header parts.... the while you're in there parts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.