2014 Cadillac CTS Launch
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS Launch in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I was at the 2014 Cadillac CTS launch tonight, and first things first - I was wrong. The car IS ...
    repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

2014 Cadillac CTS Launch

I was at the 2014 Cadillac CTS launch tonight, and first things first - I was wrong. The car IS lighter than before, coming in at 3,700 lbs for the base model. Car is also 5 inches longer than the older model.

Three engines: the 2.0 turbo, the 3.6 V6, and the twin-turbo 3.6 V6. The latter is offered in the 'V Sport' model, which is a new line for Cadillac, and which comes with a different, weird-looking V badge on the truck. I tried to attach a pic, but it won't let me for some reason....It's a silver V badge with red stripes through it, four thin red stripes

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tophat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS Launch

I watched it online, looks interesting from what I saw but didnt get really excited. Looks like a great car, will have to save my judgement till i see it in person. Not to keen on this new Vsport thing, I like all the performance specs,I could be wrong and they may come out with a different look for the V model, but i guess Ill wait and see. I love my 04 and like the gen 2 so we will see what they can do with the next generation for the true performance car.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

The side view makes me think of a Bentley

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

back side angle gave me a bad impression, like and old Q45 or the ugly M series form infiniti. Other than that I like it. Hope they offer a MT for the true V model when it arrives.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    back side angle gave me a bad impression, like and old Q45 or the ugly M series form infiniti. Other than that I like it. Hope they offer a MT for the true V model when it arrives.
    I agree.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Twin turbo is going to be fun

A few more details on the Vsport:

The new Cadillac Twin-Turbo V-6 and eight-speed automatic transmission combination leads the CTS sedan’s powertrain lineup in the new CTS Vsport. It is the first twin-turbocharged engine ever offered by Cadillac and is the brand’s first eight-speed automatic.

The CTS Vsport also features:
    • 18-inch aluminum wheels with Pirelli summer-only performance tires (19-inch wheels with all-season tires are available)
    • A quicker steering ratio
    • Brembo disc brakes with aluminum calipers and high-performance brake pads,
    • Heavy-duty track cooling package
    • Driver-selectable track mode with specific steering rate and Magnetic Ride Control calibrations for greater track performance
    • Electronic limited-slip differential that enhances capability on the track – including optimal acceleration out of turns.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Twin turbo is going to be fun
    If it comes with an optional 6-spd manual (which I'm not holding my breath for), it would be a great alternative to the new CTS-V.

I read 3,616 lbs on gminsidenews, not "3,700 lbs." What motor is assumed with 3,700 lbs?

Someone on gminsidenews also mentioned "600 hp" for the CTS-V. At a weight significantly below 4,000 lbs, this fits the definition of JimmyH's "stupid fast."
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    The latter is offered in the 'V Sport' model, which is a new line for Cadillac, and which comes with a different, weird-looking V badge on the truck. I tried to attach a pic, but it won't let me for some reason....It's a silver V badge with red stripes through it, four thin red stripes
    http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh.../photo_37.html

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

That's too close to the original V and makes me worried that it's intended to replace the old V or at best it will be confusing to the consumer if there are two V versions. Either way, I don't like it. Why couldn't they call it simply "Sport" version?
    tophat and tophat like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

From what I can tell from pictures, I kind of like it. Of course as others have said, final judgement is reserved for when I see it in person.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm enjoying the feedback so far, everyone! (And thank you, repenttokyo, for starting this thread.) If any of you have feedback that you would like us to document or questions you would like us to explore, don't hesitate to send us a private message for further assistance.

If you haven't seen the 2014 CTS photos and preliminary specifications yet, http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/e...2014.tab1.html is definitely worth more than a few glances!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    If it comes with an optional 6-spd manual (which I'm not holding my breath for), it would be a great alternative to the new CTS-V.

I read 3,616 lbs on gminsidenews, not "3,700 lbs." What motor is assumed with 3,700 lbs?

Someone on gminsidenews also mentioned "600 hp" for the CTS-V. At a weight significantly below 4,000 lbs, this fits the definition of JimmyH's "stupid fast."
    i've got 3,616 for my press release too, but they had 3,700 lbs up on the screen last night, which was a bit weird. 3,616 is listed as the 'base curb weight.' I am talking to Ed Welburn later today, so I will try to ask him about the actual weight of the car as it pertains to each model.

There was no talk of the V at all during the presentation.

The decision to go with Vsport is most likely due to the presence of M Sport and S line cars from BMW and Audi. Build a brand, then expand a brand, essentially.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Hmm...I figured the V6 TT would offer better gas mileage (17 city, 25 highway) especially being lighter. The V1 is capable of that mileage. The similar V symbol does confuse things a bit...I need more time to think this over.

And why isn't the AWD an option for the Sport model? Cmon

fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

I don't like the "V Sport" line any more than I like BMW's "M Sport" or Audi's "S line" (or whatever it is they call it). All it does it reduce the value of the 'real' V/M/S line cars by associating them with the lesser cars.

Plus, when I went car shopping, the 'fake' cars are frequently listed as 'M5's or 'S4/6's when they're really 5-series M-Sports, A6 S-Lines, etc. They should just call it something else.

I think that move hurts the brand of the actual CTS-V. A lot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.