Service Air Bag?? What the hell?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Service Air Bag?? What the hell? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I could use some help here. I just had my 04 CTS V (Maggie,CAI) Dyno Tuned and on my way ...
    dirty 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cadillac CTS-V Supercharged

Service Air Bag?? What the hell?

I could use some help here. I just had my 04 CTS V (Maggie,CAI) Dyno Tuned and on my way home the "service air bag' came on the display..Odd timing? I went to take it back and the light went off, then last night when putting a duramax in it's place it came back on again. Loose wiring? Please give me a couple ideas

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Service Air Bag?? What the hell?

The service manual literature points to wires and connectors as the primary cause of intermittent error conditions. (See attached) If you have a OBDII scanner you should check for any diaganostic trouble codes which would narrow the search. Finally, the standard warning when working on anything related to this system is to disconnect the battery before poking around the wiring harness.

dirty 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cadillac CTS-V Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    The service manual literature points to wires and connectors as the primary cause of intermittent error conditions. (See attached) If you have a OBDII scanner you should check for any diaganostic trouble codes which would narrow the search. Finally, the standard warning when working on anything related to this system is to disconnect the battery before poking around the wiring harness.
    Much appreciated! I've had my share of morning coffee, i'll head out to the garage and start checking the connections. Thanks again this might have saved me a bunch of scratch..

seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I know it's 2 months old but did you ever sort this out? I just started getting intermittent service air bag lights in my V, started happening after I looped it in a parking lot (didn't hit anything just spun).

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

move the passenger front seat forward a little bit and play with any connections under the seat. Make sure they are tight. My 04 does the same thing and this takes care of the warning.

Interesting I will try this and report back.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Is it the pass seat sensor? I had mine replaced under CPO warranty. Was told it was common. Wasn't there a TSB or recall for it? Not sure if the V or all years were included...might have been just a base CTS thing. I never looked into it since I already had mine replaced...but who knows if they just replaced it with another same part that'll fail again ....Hmmm...time re-research that TSB/recall.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

See attached.

Thanks again dark man. Guess for this one I will be calling the dealer

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by seeyouinajif View Post
    Thanks again dark man. Guess for this one I will be calling the dealer
    Hello seeyouinajif,

I am sorry to hear that you are getting intermittent service air bag lights on your CTS-V. I see that you are deciding to take your vehicle to the dealership. If you would like assistance with working with the dealership be sure to let me know by sending me a private message. I would be more than happy to be your liaison through the process of working with them. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.