Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Service Air Bag?? What the hell?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
I could use some help here. I just had my 04 CTS V (Maggie,CAI) Dyno Tuned and on my way home the "service air bag' came on the display..Odd timing? I went to take it back and the light went off, then last night when putting a duramax in it's place it came back on again. Loose wiring? Please give me a couple ideas

Thanks

#2 ·
The service manual literature points to wires and connectors as the primary cause of intermittent error conditions. (See attached) If you have a OBDII scanner you should check for any diaganostic trouble codes which would narrow the search. Finally, the standard warning when working on anything related to this system is to disconnect the battery before poking around the wiring harness.

#7 ·
Is it the pass seat sensor? I had mine replaced under CPO warranty. Was told it was common. Wasn't there a TSB or recall for it? Not sure if the V or all years were included...might have been just a base CTS thing. I never looked into it since I already had mine replaced...but who knows if they just replaced it with another same part that'll fail again ....Hmmm...time re-research that TSB/recall.

#10 ·
Hello seeyouinajif,

I am sorry to hear that you are getting intermittent service air bag lights on your CTS-V. I see that you are deciding to take your vehicle to the dealership. If you would like assistance with working with the dealership be sure to let me know by sending me a private message. I would be more than happy to be your liaison through the process of working with them. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.