04 CTS-V missing shifter pivot ball holder/housing - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 04 CTS-V missing shifter pivot ball holder/housing in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Update: the shop installed the new shifter assembly and upgraded UUC shifter (thanks Luke). Was to pick up car yesterday, ...
    04cts v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: 04 CTS-V missing shifter pivot ball holder/housing

Update: the shop installed the new shifter assembly and upgraded UUC shifter (thanks Luke). Was to pick up car yesterday, but when I went to test drive the car the clutch felt very soft/weak...shop manager checked it out and couldn't get it in gear either...now it looks like the clutch master cylinder has gone out. So another order to Lindsay Cadillac...hopefully will be delivered by Friday and will have the car back by Saturday, but not holding my breath.

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

hmmmm. sounds like they just need to bleed the system. New master cylinder?? really?

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by verywhitedevil View Post
    hmmmm. sounds like they just need to bleed the system. New master cylinder?? really?
    For reals. I would avoid this place in the future.

That's what I thought first and asked about...did they do a thorough job of bleeding everything, especially since it's a new Monster clutch kit with a new clutch slave...the shop assured me they did, and even drove the car for 50-75 miles while breaking in the motor and clutch with no problems. They even moved the car while I was there checking out their engine work and everything seemed fine...until I get in the car and could immediately tell the clutch was soft.

Either the car likes this shop and wants to stay longer or it's just plain bad juju...what say you all?

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

No way your master cylinder is bad.

Think of the probabilities here, they install new parts, and magically at exactly the same time a related part goes bad? Really?

They replaced the slave and the clutch and when it doesn't work they automatically assume it's the one part of the system that they didn't touch?

There is some slim possibility that your master cylinder is bad, there is a much larger possibility that they screwed something up. I have read of very few people having master cylinder issues in this car.

I will know for sure tomorrow or Saturday when they install the new master clutch cylinder...my fingers are crossed.

Update: After I order the new master clutch cylinder from Lindsay Cadillac on Thursday, 28 March (and pay for the overnight shipping) the new clutch master cylinder is delivered to the shop on Friday at 2:30pm, the shop then tells me it's too late to install on Friday and they will be closed on Saturday due to a car show...now I'm suppose to get the car on Monday, 1 April...hopefully that won't turn out to be an April Fools Joke too.

Does anyone know of another LS shop around the Knoxville, TN area that IS reputable and does good work on V's?

Thanks

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Tennessee must be thick with LS shops.

Is that a tic comment or do you know of some shops?

Final Update: Shop installed the new Clutch Master on Monday, 1 April, only to find out the clutch still wasn't working. Since the shop installed my new Monster Level 2 clutch kit, they called Monster Clutch to discuss what could be wrong...Steve at Monster Clutch recommended the shop pull the transmission, check everything and determine if maybe the new clutch slave was bad...sure enough, the new clutch slave was not working properly. Monster Clutch overnighted (thanks Steve) a new clutch slave and the shop installed everything on Tuesday, 2 April.

I picked up the car yesterday and everything seems fine...I think I will have to adjust the clutch pedal a bit, as the engage/disengage of the clutch takes place when the clutch pedal is closer to the floor than I would like...I want to adjust it so that I can engage/disengage the clutch with a little less pedal movement.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and help.
    D3l7a3ch0 and D3l7a3ch0 like this.

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

Quote Originally Posted by 04cts v View Post
    Final Update: Shop installed the new Clutch Master on Monday, 1 April, only to find out the clutch still wasn't working. Since the shop installed my new Monster Level 2 clutch kit, they called Monster Clutch to discuss what could be wrong...Steve at Monster Clutch recommended the shop pull the transmission, check everything and determine if maybe the new clutch slave was bad...
    was the start of an epic troll story

No...don't jinx the car

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0
    was the start of an epic troll story
    Ok, I was a newbie when I started this post and unfamiliar with the troll reference...now I'm still a newb, but definitely not a troll.

Got the car back from shop in April and it's been running very well. Took it to the dyno (mustang dyno) and put down 375 to the wheels with a custom tune.

Car has been running very well...knock on wood.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.