To all those who said they were "in" on the Clear Fogs group buy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, To all those who said they were "in" on the Clear Fogs group buy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; We needed 15, and finally got 15+ confirmed. Now, those who previously confirmed aren't taking the next step to make ...
    WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

To all those who said they were "in" on the Clear Fogs group buy

We needed 15, and finally got 15+ confirmed. Now, those who previously confirmed aren't taking the next step to make this happen. That's BS, guys... C'mon. Get on that thread and fulfil your commitment!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Re: To all those who said they were "in" on the Clear Fogs group buy

Link?

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

that's why i hate group buys of any kind.

it rarely if ever pans out and never goes smoothly even if it does.

hope it goes well and everyone who committed pulls through

This is the list of people who confirmed on the original GB thread. Not sure who, but was told that only 4 or 5 of these people have made the next step to come good on their commitment...

POS VETT
    Fastone27
    fre1102
    ONEBADCADDIE
    Texas Vee
    WesH8398
    fej
    BradCTSV
    FoD
    strapp1000
    KB V
    Ak Jim
    253 ctsv
    rand49er (wasn't 100% committed)
    Dan Gurney (ditto)

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by WesH8398 View Post
    This is the list of people who confirmed on the original GB thread. Not sure who, but was told that only 4 or 5 of these people have made the next step to come good on their commitment...

POS VETT
    Fastone27
    fre1102
    ONEBADCADDIE
    Texas Vee
    WesH8398
    fej
    BradCTSV
    FoD
    strapp1000
    KB V
    Ak Jim
    253 ctsv
    rand49er (wasn't 100% committed)
    Dan Gurney (ditto)
    Yikes, Wes, not sure how I got on your list. This is the only post I made on that thread which was on 1/22/13.

"Clear fogs and sidemarker lenses are the way our cars should've been born with. C'mon guys ... get on the list!"

Plus, I've already got STS-V clear fogs and am very happy with them. Sorry for any confusion.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

How hard is it to install these? Do I have to remove the whole front end like with headlights?

Randy - it's not "my" list. I'm just trying to help out the organizer(s) of this group buy. The list is just copied from the original GB thread. The OP/organizer had complied it. You were on the list as a maybe, basically. I think its the same case with DanGurney. I'll report back to that thread that you're NOT in. Musta been a misunderstanding. No biggie.

DARKMAN - wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen you post a question (and not an answer to one)!! I almost feel like you're messin with me. Haha

From what I've read, the bumper does NOT need to be removed to install these. You can access everything from underneath and through the wheel wells (after pulling the liners put a bit).

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WesH8398 View Post
    Randy - it's not "my" list. I'm just trying to help out the organizer(s) of this group buy. The list is just copied from the original GB thread. The OP/organizer had complied it. You were on the list as a maybe, basically. I think its the same case with DanGurney. I'll report back to that thread that you're NOT in. Musta been a misunderstanding. No biggie.

DARKMAN - wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen you post a question (and not an answer to one)!! I almost feel like you're messin with me. Haha

From what I've read, the bumper does NOT need to be removed to install these. You can access everything from underneath and through the wheel wells (after pulling the liners put a bit).
    Yeah, I was being lazy. I looked it up and the directions say only the air deflector has to come off. What do I need to do to take one of "unclaimed" sets?

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Yeah...I was never "in" for the Group Buy. I said this in that thread, "I too am interested in the Fogs and Sides." I never heard another thing about it after that. Was never notified that the GB had proceeded any further than the "looking into" phase. I would think for someone to organize a GB, he would have to get some sort of communication going with both parties (buyer/seller).

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Yeah, I was being lazy. I looked it up and the directions say only the air deflector has to come off. What do I need to do to take one of "unclaimed" sets?
    There aren't any claimed or unclaimed, from what I know. Just head over to the clear fog GB thread (linked above) and state your interest. The last 2 or 3 pages of the thread are the history of the GB being put together.

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    Yeah...I was never "in" for the Group Buy. I said this in that thread, "I too am interested in the Fogs and Sides."
    Ummm, huh? That's just a ****ed up statement. LOL I'd take "I too am interested in the Fogs and Sides." as you being "in".

And I certainly wouldn't put the expectation on the organizer to keep you abreast of what's going on. It's on you to watch the thread, IMO. The organizer wasn't making money on this deal, he was simply trying to find a group of people who all wanted to make the purchase anyway, and save $50 while they were at it by utilizing the group buying power.

I don't know man ... Just my opinion, but exactly what you're doing here is exactly what I call bullshit. Don't say your "interested" if you're not INTERESTED. You're just boning everyone else in the buy. Sucks donkey dicks, IMO.

fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    Yeah...I was never "in" for the Group Buy. I said this in that thread, "I too am interested in the Fogs and Sides." I never heard another thing about it after that. Was never notified that the GB had proceeded any further than the "looking into" phase. I would think for someone to organize a GB, he would have to get some sort of communication going with both parties (buyer/seller).
    I made the list he posted. To me, "I too am interested in the fogs and sides" in a thread about a group buy specifically, after the price has been posted, means to me you want to be part of the group buy.

I suppose I should have read that literally--I myself am 'interested' in purchasing a Bugatti EB110. I'm not going to, but I'm interested. I guess you're interested in the fogs in the same way I'm interested in a Bugatti.

Then again, I expect if I posted "I'm interested..." in a for sale ad about a Bugatti, the seller might infer that as a wish to purchase the car...

Anyway, I made that list. I couldn't tell about the last two on it. Anyone else on that list that is only 'interested' in a strictly conceptual sense? I'd either like to do this or not.

I'll post up a new list of people that have emailed or pm-ed me in that thread.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Quote Originally Posted by fre1102 View Post
    I made the list he posted. To me, "I too am interested in the fogs and sides" in a thread about a group buy specifically, after the price has been posted, means to me you want to be part of the group buy.

I suppose I should have read that literally--I myself am 'interested' in purchasing a Bugatti EB110. I'm not going to, but I'm interested. I guess you're interested in the fogs in the same way I'm interested in a Bugatti.

Then again, I expect if I posted "I'm interested..." in a for sale ad about a Bugatti, the seller might infer that as a wish to purchase the car...

Anyway, I made that list. I couldn't tell about the last two on it. Anyone else on that list that is only 'interested' in a strictly conceptual sense? I'd either like to do this or not.

I'll post up a new list of people that have emailed or pm-ed me in that thread.

Group buys are notoriously hard to pull off because of this. Tons of window shoppers.

Good luck, I hope you guys get it figured out.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I was part of a group buy once. Fuzzy put it together. He made a "who's interested thread" then I think once he found a dealer a "who's in thread" then he sent me a pm to confirm. We exchanged multiple PM's. it was probably like a month of overtime on his part. 2 months ago I was interested. But I went a different route. I don't remember there being a date? Last time I looked I didn't really see anything new and wasn't sure if the op was even still looking into it. After I posted I didn't see any "right on that makes 12 we just need 3 more" or anything to lead me believe it was ever going to happen. If you want to organize a group buy, ORGANIZE it. Don't complain and call people out on forums

----------

P.S. if u haven't heard from me since you gave a for sure $ and date I haven't made any commitment

fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    I was part of a group buy once. Fuzzy put it together. He made a "who's interested thread" then I think once he found a dealer a "who's in thread" then he sent me a pm to confirm. We exchanged multiple PM's. it was probably like a month of overtime on his part. 2 months ago I was interested. But I went a different route. I don't remember there being a date? Last time I looked I didn't really see anything new and wasn't sure if the op was even still looking into it. After I posted I didn't see any "right on that makes 12 we just need 3 more" or anything to lead me believe it was ever going to happen. If you want to organize a group buy, ORGANIZE it. Don't complain and call people out on forums
    I don't know who o.p.-ed the group buy, but I'll do it now, which is why I made the list asking for confirmation. If you're window shopping, that's fine with me, that's the reason for the list--to see who really wants in and who doesn't.

I posted the list in the other thread. If you're in, great, say so. If not, also fine. I think Wes wanted to know who was in as well. Since there isn't really another option anywhere near that price with fogs that actually work, this (group buy) seems like a good idea to me.

I'm slightly tempted to buy however many excess the seller needs then re-sell them myself, but that would make the price just about what he wants now outside of the group buy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.